No announcement yet.

Rice appreciation thread (Food related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rice appreciation thread (Food related)

Cuz I'm a man who loves his rice. Seriously, I have come to the realization that rice is my favorite food. There are so many things you can do with it and so many variations. I would bet that for the most part, it is pretty healthy too. Don't eastern cultures eat a lot of rice? I'm not trying to be stereo typical or anything but I thought I remember seeing something about that on Iron Chef.

Do any of you guys like rice as much as I do?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Love it. I used to freeze cooked rice in blocks and bring 'em to school to munch on. They called me Rice Boy
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I love rice. It's just so damn universal, you can use it with almost anything. Aside from that, Basmati just tastes as good as it smells.

Comment

Goes with anything... beef, fish, poultry.
        White, brown, long grain... love it all.
        Rice pudding... mmmmmmmmmm yummy.
        -Rick

Comment

Rice pudding.. now thats something I have never had and would like to try.
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I am a cheap-ass bastard. You all know that. But the one food item I pay retail for is rice. SW Thai Jasmine is the sweetest, tastiest and easiest rice to cook. I just love it. I literally eat it every 3 days.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

sorry but rice is just a side dish for me. Too plain, give me a plate piled high with Red meat instead.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
                Rice pudding.. now thats something I have never had and would like to try.
                It's the best... I like a pinch of cinnamon on top or sometimes I'll put raisins in it, or just have it plain. It's all good.
                -Rick

Comment

I am cooking some right now!!
                  Some red beans on the side, some hot sauce... a full meal.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Thai Jasmine rice makes me as much as a fanatic about rice as Donnie is about his Seahawks. Just try it and you will have a Super-Bowl of rice.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

easist way to cook perfect rice. a small table top oven is all you need, take a corning ware dish w/ glass lid, add rice and water at a ratio of 1.75 water to 1 of rice, set oven at 375 to 400 bake for 30 min works for huge batches or just a cup
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Any bets on how long it takes to cook brown rice? I still haven't figured out that one. And I have been cooking for almost 40 years.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
                          Don't eastern cultures eat a lot of rice?
                          Well, coming from a Korean who works in a grocery store, I can tell you Eastern people tend to eat a lot of random ass fresh vegetables (I'm guessing they steam or sauté them or something). It's the Hispanic people who I notice buying lots of rice (20lb. bags of white, brown, you name it). A friend of mine who is Chinese and whose family owns a Chinese food restaurant always eat a lot of rice, usually plain white rice cooked in a rice cooker and they never eat the type of food they sell.
                          If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

For God Sake, don't eat the spinach!!!!!:ROTF: :ROTF: It's not funny. But then it is. Or ironic. The spinach came from an organic farm. I bet you can't get e-coli from rice.

Comment

I eat rice everyday. The End
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X