No announcement yet.

Rice appreciation thread (Food related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jasmine rice with asparagus and cashews...Sounds strange as hell,but it ROCKS!!
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

I live in Japan, what do you think? My fiancee cannot live without rice for dinner. The popular varieties of rice here are quite glutinous, but I prefer the basamati variety with a hint of saffron. <- Woah, that almost sounds too ghey!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
        with a hint of saffron. <- Woah, that almost sounds too ghey!
        Here, saffon costs a fortune. I always have wanted to buy some, but I just couldn't do it.:ROTF: I think our Thai rice is gluto and that's why I like it.
        Last edited by fett; 09-18-2006, 08:21 PM.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I eat it everyday now. The wife got me hooked. We buy a 25lb bag of Thai Jasmine rice every 2 months or so.

She eats it a little different than I've ever seen before. Sometimes for breakfast she mixes chocolate in with it and sometimes she just adds powdered milk.

I like pouring beef or chicken gravy over it. Mmmmmm...mmmmm....
          Last edited by wulfe13; 09-18-2006, 08:39 PM.

Comment

The Thai Jasmine rice flavor goes with everything you can throw on it or in it. There is no better rice. Trust me on this one.

Comment

Yeah it tastes EXACTLY like the rice I ate when we were in the Philippines. I can't stand the white rice you get when you go to a Chinese Restaurant. It tastes too plain.

Comment

Rice is awesome. I take plain old boiled rice and add a little soy sauce and a bit of ginger thai sauce. YUM!!!
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                  Rice is awesome. I take plain old boiled rice and add a little soy sauce and a bit of ginger thai sauce. YUM!!!
                  Zeeg, Thai one on and you will never come back to regular rice as you know it.

Comment

I bought a steamer specifically for rice. I then started steaming veggies. So now I either eat veggies raw or steamed, never boiled. I have 3 steamers now and can't cook without them.

But this a rice thread... I can't get enough of it myself!
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

This thread is a riot!

My wife actually has a shirt that reads "I <Heart> Rice". It has duel meaning because she went to Rice University. One of the things I gained in the marriage was a good rice cooker. I had a cheap one before, when I wasn't wise to the wonder of a quality rice cooker. It is worth the investment if you want rice made right.

I love rice with furakake (Spelling?) on it. When I was a kid my mom brought us back some of that stuff from Japan. It came in a little container shaped like Robokan. I found a similar mix recently and it came in a Dorimon container...hmmmm...I am seeing a pattern of eating rice seasoning out of a toy...

Comment

Anyone have any real good fried rice recipes?

Comment

My friend and I make Sushi togather. I gotta figure out how he does his rice because gawd damn. He gets the right consistancy and stickyness to plant a nice big chunk of wasabi and raw salmon.

Doing the twostep to awesomeville in 2.3 seconds.

-Nate
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

In my 40+ years of cooking, I have never figured out how to make flied lice. I'm all ears.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                              It's the best... I like a pinch of cinnamon on top or sometimes I'll put raisins in it, or just have it plain. It's all good.
                              that's the way to have it!

It's also nice with some diced pineapple through it.

I'll often buy a tin of cheap creamed rice and a small tin of pineapple
                              Last edited by VitaminG; 09-19-2006, 12:55 AM.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                                Any bets on how long it takes to cook brown rice? I still haven't figured out that one. And I have been cooking for almost 40 years.:ROTF: :ROTF:
                                i think it takes just over 40 years fett

yeahh i love rice too from basmati to chinky egg fried rice-but its a side dish to add to the main meal

Comment

Working...
                                X