No announcement yet.

Rice appreciation thread (Food related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried rice is easy, you simply fry it before you boil / steam it. I make an awesome mexican fried rice like this: A couple of tablespoons of canola oil in a skillet, two cups of rice, and a clove of garlic minced. The I just fry it until it's nice and golden brown (just like doing a stir-fry). Then I put that in a sauce pan with about three cups of water, a diced tomato, a diced green pepper, and three or four diced jalapeno peppers. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Yum Yum!!!!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I love Spanish Rice.

Comment

I hate rice.And Condolisa Rice sucks.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
          sorry but rice is just a side dish for me. Too plain, give me a plate piled high with Red meat instead.
          try ya some cajun fried dirty rice....its not your mothers bland minute made whitey rice
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Dirty Rice - Zatarain's Dirty Rice Mix - add some fresh ground beef chopped up really really small (cooked separately, of course), Red Beans and Rice (Kidney Beans, actually - mash some of them up when they get soft to get a good thick gravy, then add some sliced Polska Kielbasa and ladle it over a bowl of plain white rice), Spanish Rice (Zatarain's again, add some sliced Polska Kielbasa), and white rice with a thick brown country-style gravy.

You can also add some Pace Picante Sauce to the Dirty Rice (not a lot, try some on the side and mix it in a little at a time till you find your preferred ratio).
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was brought up on white Basmati rice, boiled until tender, then strained and placed back in the pot with a little oil coating the pot to prevent sticking, and then steamed under low heat for a few minutes. Then you have a golden brown rice base that's crunchy and awesome along with the regular rice on top.

Mix in some plain nonfat yogurt and some Sumac spice and sweetness is made!
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I live for when I get a chance to eat any kind of rice!!!!
                I love admins!

Comment

im asian. i like rice.

Riced out CARS, on the other hand....

Comment

That's like saying some guy in the south likes grits. I grew up eating "Rice" and did not know there were different strains. My Thai is my story and I'm sticking to it and hopefully not the pan.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                    X