check out this new rollercoaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out this new rollercoaster

Just found out about this new coaster coming to Busch Gardens Williamsburg this Spring. It looks like it's going to be fucking amazing! Pretty cool virtual tour:

http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/ar_rides.aspx

The "Preview Mix" video shows what the cars look like. You sit 10 across, and the sides hang way over off the edges of the track. Just crazy! If you've never been to this park, you should check it out. Besides having some great rides, it's one of the prettiest parks anywhere. Lots of it is wooded. We live nearby and take it for granted, but whenever we take friends or family from out of town, they usually say it's the nicest theme park they've ever been to. It's really nice in the Spring & Fall, especially.

That looks awesome!! Definitely going to get on that one!!!
    Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ kicks their ass!!!!

Dare to conquer Kingda Ka, the tallest (456 feet), fastest (128 mph in
      3.3 seconds) roller coaster on earth!

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greata.../kingdaka.html

And many more.....

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greata...des/index.html
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

http://www.cedarpoint.com/

Cedar point..n'uff said
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz
          http://www.cedarpoint.com/

Cedar point..n'uff said
          The Millenium absolutely OWNS..dropping you @ over 300 feet!!

The Top Thrill Dragser does too, when it works..0-80 in 2 seconds hurling you straight up and then down at apprx 400 feet..

Cedar Point is the best roller coaster place in the world..and they are making a new one next year!!

My wife and kid went aboput 8 times this year, on season passes..I can't do the standing and the walking anymore..which sucks, because I really love those rides.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah Bill...after Cedar Point every other amusement park is a let down. I grew up in the Detroit burbs and we'd go to Cedar Point a couple times every summer. Nothing compares to it...Disney Word, Sea World, Six Flags Arlington, Astro World, Bush gardens and any of the parks in Orlando Florida
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

We go to Cedar Point once a year and they are the Roller Coaster Capital of the world. If you go, I highly recommend you stay in one of the hotels so you get in 30 mins early. That made our wait for the Dragster about 10 minutes when it can be 2 hours or more during the day. We were there the first year the Dragster opened and the WAIT was 4 hours for a 15 second ride.

Comment

I agree cedar point is way cool, but, Six Flage Great Adventure in NJ is hands down the best in North America. HANDS DOWN.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

I've lived in VA over 6 years now and have never been to Busch Gardens. Might have to check it out. My favorite coaster by far was the Cyclone at Riverside (now Six Flags) in Mass. Nothing fancy, just a huge old wooden roller coaster that nearly broke your neck and scared the shit out of you. I heard they kept it there when Six Flags bought out Riverside.
                  EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles
                    I've lived in VA over 6 years now and have never been to Busch Gardens. Might have to check it out. My favorite coaster by far was the Cyclone at Riverside (now Six Flags) in Mass. Nothing fancy, just a huge old wooden roller coaster that nearly broke your neck and scared the shit out of you. I heard they kept it there when Six Flags bought out Riverside.
                    I can relate.
                    Bout like King Island's "the beast" coaster.
                    The thing is out dated but tons of fun for me to ride, I love that old wooden coaster. Gladly stand in line to wait a ride. It jerks ya and beats ya to death but loads of fun for me. One thing is sure old beasty isn't a smooth coaster experience. I'm in the front cart every time with hands up over my head loving every moment of it.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz
                      yeah Bill...after Cedar Point every other amusement park is a let down. I grew up in the Detroit burbs and we'd go to Cedar Point a couple times every summer. Nothing compares to it...Disney Word, Sea World, Six Flags Arlington, Astro World, Bush gardens and any of the parks in Orlando Florida
                      Yes Shawn, and the best thing about it it is only 55 minutes away..so driving to and from after a full day is never a prob. you need a full day to ride all the main attractions..there is so many ..Power Tower, Milleniium, The raptor, Mantis, Top Thrill Dragster, Max Air, texas twister, The means streak, Magnum..just one killer ride after another..and they're making more!!!

I went on that new Max Air and loved it!!

I'll have to go. my son brought home a progress report all A's and one B..I gotta take him, I'll do it in the fall..they have a cool halloween thing goin' then..

BTW.. Alice Cooper's Brutal Planet haunted house at Geugua Lake was incredible. Cedar Point bought that place too last year, It flopped as a six flags park for some reason.....the special FX in BP was cool as hell..and the pre show while you waited to go in was cool..young chicks in S&M leather gear with whips dancin' to spooky techno..well something to amuse you while you waite..and what better than that!!??

By far the best haunted house exhibit I ever saw..it's actually worth the 15 bucks to go..your in there for almost an hour and it's pretty big. You could spend that just going to the gay local ones that really blow..

I take my kid now, it's fum for him..he'll be 12 this October..years ago he was too scared to go in..I go in there and just laugh my ass off and he thinks that's funny now..we had fun last year!!

That's good stuff!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3
                        I agree cedar point is way cool, but, Six Flage Great Adventure in NJ is hands down the best in North America. HANDS DOWN.
                        That's a great park too, but no way better than Cedar Point. Cedar Pont has like 6 coasters that would be the top ride in a lot of parks.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear
                          That's a great park too, but no way better than Cedar Point. Cedar Pont has like 6 coasters that would be the top ride in a lot of parks.

Matt
                          And Great Adventure doesn't?
                          1. Kingda Ka (only the tallest/fastest in the world)
                          2. El Toro (188 ft drop at a world record for wooden coasters 76 degree drop)
                          3. Nitro
                          4. Superman Ultimate Flight
                          5. Medusa
                          6. Great American Scream Machine

and that's just the tip of the iceburg....

Comment

Working...
                          X