Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate some online dealers!!!!!!!!

***Before I start, I am not referring to any of the great dealers here***

As many of you know, (because I have been like an excited little kid) back on July 14 I placed an order with an online dealer in--------pro.com for a KV2T Burnt Cherry Sunburst. In their confirmation mail, they said this:

" Dear Valued Customer,

Updates have been made to the status of items on your order. Please review your order summary below and note any changes. If an item is unable to ship the day we receive the order, the item status will show the aproximate date we expect the item to be available to ship.

Please note that the expected ship date is only an estimate. We do not guarantee that the item will ship out on the date specified. This date is based on a number of factors and information we receive from the manufacturer of the product. We will do our best to be as accurate as possible, but there is no way to guarantee that we will ship a back-ordered or custom manufactued product by a specific date.

Order Summary
    Order Number- ( 21188 )

Order Date- ( 7/14/2006 )

Jackson USA KV2T King V With Case
    Burnt Cherry Sunburst
    $x,xxx.99
    Status Of Order ( Backordered )

Items will begin shipping on ( 10/17/2006 ).

If you have any further questions regarding the status of your order, please
    contact us at (800)805-0852 or email us at [email protected].
    Thank you! "
    Before today (within the last month) I have sent 2 E-Mails asking for any type of status which have obviously fallen upon deaf ears, so I just sent this one.

Once again I am sending an E-Mail to check on the status of this order although my last 2 E-Mails got no reply. Here we are 19 Days away from the projected shipping date of 10/17/06 and I'm still left wonderring if that will be anywhere near the actual shipping date. With the approximate $X,XXX investment I'm making, I would hope to get some kind of follow up because dealers can contact Jackson about orders while the consumer can not.

Thanks,
    Jim
    WTF!!!!!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

You might want to get on the phone with them, most companies if they're swamped will focus on the phones and ignore the emails. Swueakiest wheel gets the grease. Have you already paid or are they charging you when they ship?
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well, it's 180 days same as cash and I've made 3 $150 payments so far.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

There was a thread, maybe in the Ask Jackson folder, about USA Jackson order wait times. That would only be general info though. I'd say the best thing would be to call, you've put out some cash and certainly have a right to an answer. I know holding on the phone is a pain but you're harder to ignore that way. If you don't get satisfactory ino from them maybe ask McD in the Ask Jackson or General Jackson sections, either by thread or maybe PM would be more discreet, and maybe it can be tracked that way. I know I go nuts just waiting for an ebay win to ship, I can't imagine the suspense you must be feeling.
        Last edited by lerxstcat; 09-28-2006, 01:47 PM. Reason: spelling and content correction
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

IMO you're jumping the gun a little.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            There was a thread, maybe in the Ask Jackson folder, about USA Jackson order wait times. That would only be general info though. I'd say the best thing would be to call, you've put out some cash and certainly have a right to an answer. I know holding on the phone is a pain but you're harder to ignore that way. If you don't get satisfactory info from them maybe ask McD in the Ask Jackson or General Jackson sections, either by thread or maybe PM would be more discreet, and maybe it can be tracked that way. I know I go nuts just waiting for an ebay win to ship, I can't imagine the suspense you must be feeling.
            The suspense is aweful, just to have a better idea on a ballpark figure. I did call once back in August, and the rep on the phone said that there should be no extra delay time and to expect it to ship on or around the scheduled date, which I don't buy for a moment. I know he didn't even check with Jackson, since he wasn't away from the phone more than a minute. I don't want to bother McD with this, I'm sure he's busy enough. Besides, the dealer making the money off this should be the responsible party.

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            IMO you're jumping the gun a little.
            Ron, I'm not expecting the guitar to ship on 10/17. That date seemed a little preposterous to me, but I would like to have SOME sort of status report for the megabucks I'm putting out. They haven't even tried.

Comment

You're probably not getting an answer becuase the dealer doesn't have any infomation to give you. Sorry, bro, but that's not how USA Select orders work.

The dealer may get some possibly-not-in-the-ballpark estimated delivery date, but that's likely based on limited info. provided by J/C. And from J/C's perspective, that probably is just a very rough estimate of when they think the next batch of KV2Ts will be built and ready to ship. Even if the dealer called J/C, they likely wouldn't get a different answer than you were originally given.

Bottom line: you're only frustrating yourself when asking for (and expecting to get) a build/shipping date. Sorry, but your expectations for up-to-date info aren't realistic. You are bettter off just hanging back, chilling and when it comes, it comes. I know - easier said than done, but that's the reality.

Dude, I've been waiting 18 months now for a Charvel order. 18 months and counting, that is. Is that wait fun? Nope. Definitely at the long end of build times now (esp. for a non-custom!), and that sucks. But it is what it is.
              Last edited by shreddermon; 09-28-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I simply want a reply from them saying that either "that's about right" or "well, it's gonna be a while"

I don't think that's asking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  You're probably not getting an answer becuase the dealer doesn't have any infomation to give you. Sorry, bro, but that's not how USA Select orders work.
                  Yup, that's what I was getting at.

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                  I simply want a reply from them saying that either "that's about right" or "well, it's gonna be a while"
                  "Well, it's gonna be a while"

Comment

"Well, it's gonna be a while"
                    Thanks Ron. Since you were kind enough to give me some sort of answer, maybe you should get the dealers commission.

The thing that pisses me off is this. They gave me an October date, and after a little while and seeing the trends, I questionned that date to which they said "expect it then". Does anybody here think that it will be shipped in October? No. Well maybe 2007. I guess I want them to say that they don't know, or expect a longer wait, or even Jackson won't/hasn't told us. They have no problem sending me a bill every month and cashing my checks as soon as they get them even tho I could actually wait another hundred days before sending them one dime. I just think it's bad business practice as a dealer.

Comment

Withold payment until you receive information.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dude, just stifle yourself for 3 more weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Withold payment until you receive information.
                          Thought about it, but I do want to beat the interest.

Comment

Dude, just stifle yourself for 3 more weeks!
                            I'm not easy to stifle...lol So even for me, that won't be easy. Then there's the "what to do?" after 3 weeks.....lol

Comment

I would never pay in full for a guitar before it was in store ready to ship. Don't most stores order with only a small deposit?

Comment

Working...
                              X