Just diagnosed with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just diagnosed with...

...Sleep Apnea. I've been feeling tired at work and occasionally falling asleep at my desk. I went in to see my Doc for my 6 month check up for Diabetes and told him how I was feeling during the day. He sent me for two sleep studies and confirmed that I do have sleep apnea. During one of my tests, I had 19 apnea episodes per hour. I was there for seven hours.

Well, I was fitted with my CPAP machine today. It will continuosly pump air through my nasal passage. This will eliminate me from holding my breath while I sleep and keep my oxygen level in my blood above 92%. This will help me to acheive deep sleep. Tonight is my first night with the CPAP at home. So, here's to a good nights sleep.

Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Good Luck Alvin, & slepp well!
    According To The Prophecy

Comment

A good night's sleep is priceless. It has been at least..ummm, 20 years since I closed my eyes at night and opened them come morning. I wake up at least 10-30 times a night..although I usually just roll over and go back to sleep. Since I have started my new job, all I dream about all night is files..and missing deadlines.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

My mom got one of those rigs a few weeks ago... she says it's made a world of difference for her. Hopefully it fixes ya up, let us know.
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Sweet dreams bro!!

Comment

It's ten minutes past curfew... why are you still up? Hello? Hello? Perhaps you need another shot. There, that should do it. Sweet dreams... you bastard!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Both my Dad and my drummer have masks. I usually hum the darth vader music when the come in the room... They both say it helps a lot.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Hope it helps Alvin !! A decent nights sleep is SO important. Especially with a couple of kids runnin around eh?

Good luck bro !!
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Thanks everyone! Well, I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. Better than I have felt in months. I can only remember waking up twice last night. That is an improvement over the minimum of 10 times per night. I can only suspect that there will be even more iomprovement. Again, thanks to all for the well wishes.

Alvin
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                      Both my Dad and my drummer have masks. I usually hum the darth vader music when the come in the room... They both say it helps a lot.
                      Wow, never thought humming the Darth Vader theme would help
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Good luck Alvin, I hope things improve. There's nothing worse than not being able to sleep...I've been there.
                        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Todd's got one - he has severe sleep apnea - he stops breathing for like a minute at a time. That mask has been a godsend. Good luck with yours! I'm glad you are getting it taken care of - it can be very bad to just let it go!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Tekky View Post
                            Todd's got one - he has severe sleep apnea - he stops breathing for like a minute at a time. That mask has been a godsend. Good luck with yours! I'm glad you are getting it taken care of - it can be very bad to just let it go!

It can be fatal. My friend Clyde died due to sleep apnea. He stopped breathing and this time didn't start back. He knew he had the problem but his wife always shook him awake to start back breathing. This time she was asleep and didn't notice until it was too late.

I'm glad the mask is helping you Alvin. Stick with it and do as the docs tell you, you'll feel a lot better.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Good news, Alvin.
                              I wake up about 10 times a night, too. I guess I should just keep the door closed so my two cats can't come in and climb and lay all over me, huh?!?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X