Latest Project:Mirror Iron Cross Inlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project:Mirror Iron Cross Inlay

Bow season came in less than a week ago, and I'm staying up til 1:00am working on this stuff when I should be getting up in a couple hours to hit the woods. My priorities are skewed.

I think this is the last inlay project for a while. Anyway...Maple board, 25 1/2 in. scale, red mirror iron cross inlays set as deep as I could get them. Sorry for the crappy pics...AOL stinks. It's hard to take pics that really show the depth that the mirror gives. Plus I didn't sand it a high gloss yet. I'd like to see this under stage lights with a fogg machine when it's done! Let me know your thoughts....

>>--HuntinDoug-->

are you making a good living off your work, cause you ought to be!
    excellent craftsmanship and tolerances.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Doug..Mink Ya..

you like to stay busy..I should sen ya my USA floy rose classic Strat..it's maple board, sweet guitar..maybe you can Bill Z Bub it out for me..I'll give you money..some candy..maybe a beer..maybe the wife..what bribe will it take??!!

Good job dude..you should be making some dough with your gift..serious dough..I think!!

Bill
        Last edited by horns666; 10-06-2006, 04:25 AM. Reason: I F'd up!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Doug..Mink Ya..

Good job dude..you should be making some dough with your gift..serious dough..I think!!

Bill

I agree!!
          Yeah, those would look badass under some blue and white lights with a fog machine. Niiiiice.

Comment

"Maple board"
            Ummm, I hate to break it to you, but that was supposed to be a maple fretboard
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

awsome work as usual Doug .
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                "Maple board"
                well, if you wanna get all technical and whatnot..

yeah..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sweet! But when you said Iron Cross, I thought you meant like this.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                    Sweet! But when you said Iron Cross, I thought you meant like this.
                    I guess maybe "Iommi crosses" then? I did a google search for Iron Cross, and a bunch of nazi crap came up....I don't want that.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    "Maple board"
                    Actually...I was corrected by Geoff (the salesman at LMI). They are called "fingerboards"...not fretboards. I just call them boards since it's obvious what they are.

As far as making tons of money at this....Nahh. It takes a while to get your name out there. I'm still on dial up, so I don't even try to keep my website up. I work with a few smaller shops, which is cool for now. Most of these projects I do for experimental purposes, or for fun at this point. There is a lot of satisfaction in making an idea come to fruition. Some ideas work...some don't.
                    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

That looks great man! I can imagine it under the lights. I would dig those in the Iommi context too, MOP on ebony fingerboard would rule!

How much harder would Keltic crosses be? The type similar to the Iommi crosses but with the circle around the arms of the cross? And what would it cost to do that on an existing 24-fret 25.5" neck?
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

another week here until bow season, still too hot for my liking, I've seen a couple decent deer here on the farm, I bulldozed a nice clearing out in the woods a couple months ago and the deer are hitting it fairly heavily, I'm sure once the rye grass comes in they'll be there even more, nice inlays, but, to hell with work, go bag a nice deer then get back to the grind, it'll do wonders for your mindset.
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                        X