Anyone ever hear of the band called Kalmah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever hear of the band called Kalmah

My friend just showed me this. I enjoyed it.

This is the video for Kalmah's song "The Groan of Wind", off of their album "The Black Waltz."Lyrics:"The groan of wind a hiding deadly disease A killer that...

anyone know any similar bands?
    Last edited by ApeDosMil; 10-09-2006, 02:03 AM.

I hadnt heard of them before i will definatley check them out now!
    If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja View Post
      Um, Bodom?

I have an album or two of their, can't remember what they are right now. Judging from the vid they got a new vocalist.
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I already know about Bodom

Comment

Kalmah, this exact video, and the custom guitars they use were all discussed a few months ago:

If you use the SEARCH FUNCTION, you'd see more threads that mention this upcoming Finnish band, including one I started 2 years ago.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got 2 of their albums "Swampsong" and "They Will Return." Dudes can play but it's nothing new or innovative. I listened to thema couple times and never bothered again.

Oh, they have a pretty funny cover of Skin Of My Teeth.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Their new album is their best IMO.
              Similar bands... uh, Norther?
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I love 'em..I love any great metal band..it doesn't have to be "groundbreaking"..just kick ass!

Norther is great too..I always mention them whenever Kalmah comes up..for some reason..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah they're good. I have a few of their albums which I like but I wouldn't say they're ground breaking just yet. I haven't heard their latest, though. What's the obsession with swamps?

Comment

Both Kalmah & Norther are very similar to COB.

Other bands you may like:

Evergrey
                    Opeth
                    Naglfar
                    Amorphis
                    Dark Tranquillity

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja View Post
                      My friend just showed me this. I enjoyed it.

This is the video for Kalmah's song "The Groan of Wind", off of their album "The Black Waltz."Lyrics:"The groan of wind a hiding deadly disease A killer that...

Heard of? One of my favorite bands

Yeah, they're like COB, only better

-a

Comment

I'll post a list of COB sound-a likes..later tonight or tomorrow..I got 'em all..

it's what I do..
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thanks guys and let me know horns, I really like this genre.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            I'll post a list of COB sound-a likes..later tonight or tomorrow..I got 'em all..

it's what I do..
                            Don't bother, Bill -- you already did!!

Check this out Madeja:

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              I think there in the studio soon, and there new site will be up soon at, thebitchisback.org

[/ QUOTE ]Kim's been saying that for a LONG time; dn't hold your breath. The UM forum's even gone, how do they keep fan interest up? I'd like to see it, but I don't know....
                              I think it's time that Rich ate his words!
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X