Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slashed Tire....

Last thursday I had to call the cops on my neighbors, Link,

The next day my wife told me she got a flat tire coming home from work. Now Im not necessarily a paranoid person, but I don't necessarily believe in coincidence either. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt and figured it was just a nail or something.

Sunday I finally got around to taking the wheel off and up to the gas station to fill it. Wouldn't you know, a smooth vertical puncture in the sidewall about 1" wide. Its a pretty clean cut, and looks a lot like a knife to me. My old man, a retired cop, agrees that it looks like its very possible the hole was done by a knife. There was no scraping or other marks around the hole, so its not like my wife ran a curb and hit something.

So Im feeling a lot of things at once here. 1.) Im pissed and scared; this guy not only slashed the tire on one of my cars, but it was my Wifes car.. You just dont go after a mans family. 2.) Im confused, can this jackass really be that dumb, the day after we have a confrontation he slashes my tire?

The tire is getting changed today at pep-boys, but I asked my old man to save the tire for "evidence", he's getting it done for me since he's off today.

I dont know what I should do here. I didnt actually see my neighbor cut the tire, but what are the chances that something on the road could make that kind of cut in a side wall? Would the police even be able to do anything since I didnt witness the crime take place?

Later,

Steve
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

I'm not one to believe in coincidences, but it does seem odd that it would go flat coming home from her work. If the tire was slashed at your residence, why didn't it go flat earlier?

Comment

"can this jackass really be that dumb"

Yes. In spite of the almost complete lack of faith I have in people, the stupidity some of them display never fails to surprise me.

Comment

Unfortunately, you didn't see him do it. It would be your word agianst his. I would say just let it go....and get some surveillance equipment with recording capability....just in case there is a next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
          I'm not one to believe in coincidences, but it does seem odd that it would go flat coming home from her work. If the tire was slashed at your residence, why didn't it go flat earlier?
          Yeah, thats exactly why I dismissed it at first myself. But after seeing the hole in the tire I began to think otherwise. I'll see if I can ge some pics, so long as they remembered to save the tire.

Later,

Steve
          Guitars:
          '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
          '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
          '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
          Amp:
          VOX AD30VT

Comment

Prop the damaged tire against his door with a copy of the receipt for the new tire. If he had nothing to do with it, he'll just be confused. If he slashed the tire, he'll know that you know.

It won't solve anything, or prove anything for that matter...but it's something you could do. Big help, eh?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
              Prop the damaged tire against his door with a copy of the receipt for the new tire. If he had nothing to do with it, he'll just be confused. If he slashed the tire, he'll know that you know.

It won't solve anything, or prove anything for that matter...but it's something you could do. Big help, eh?
              I wouldn't do that. If you can't prove he did it, leave it. Otherwise you're just going to escalate it further. It's not as if he's going to confess because you propped the tire against his door. If he DIDN'T do it and you accuse him he might decide to do something else instead.

Unfortunately, this is the side effect of a confrontation. Unless you're prepared to go to his door and beat the ever-lovin' shit out of him, I think you'd better leave it.

Now you could call the cops and ask if there's anything they can do. If he left a print on the tire and has a criminal record then maybe they can arrest him. The question then is, what will he do after THAT?

If he'd slash your tire over a noise complaint, what will he do if you actually have him arrested?

Just think about it before you do, or don't do, anything else. Neighbor feuds can escalate to murder. Maybe he got it out of his system slashing the tire. That's not right, but you have to think of the possibilities.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Take the high road, otherwise you and the neighbor may become the next episode of COPS.

If your neighbor is so immature that this is the only way for him to resolve a conflict then don't bother. It may get ugly.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Good idea Inazone.
                  I'm famous for flying off the handle, or convincing myself that I'm the victim of some dastardly act of sabotage, and then confronting the person I KNOW is the culprit...........only to then find I'm wrong. Then I'm on the back foot and my adversary, though he may not have been the villain this time, has a distinct moral and psychological advantage.

Remember that damage and accidents do happen in the most bizarre, "impossible" ways, it could have been a freak.
                  If the neighbour did do it in revenge, that's you even now, maybe he'll settle down. If he's a prick, he'll do something else, and then you can nail him for that, and the tyre also.

Deep breaths, my friend, wait until you have definite proof, then reel him in. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I'd say get some surveillance equipment. The kind with night vision. It'll be a worthwhile investment for any purpose, I think. You'll have it where ever you go (I mean which ever house you ever live in) and then you can keep a watch on what's going on. Plus, if something does happen, you'll have it on tape. Could something have happened at your wife's place of work? My mom works at a hospital in downtown Baltimore, and a lot of shit happens to the cars in her parking garage. If it was flat on the way home from work, maybe some asshole that wanders the parking lot where she works flattened it.

Cheers,
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post

No no no no no.., Call the cops and explain you feel this is in retaliation in c/w with your noise complaint and ongoing neighbor trouble. Since you did not see anyome do it..you can not make them a "named suspect", BUT they can document this in the narrative of the "Criminal Damage" report, you DID make one right?? ..I have done many reports like this myself..too many to remember..

Contact police and or community relations in your area to see if you can simply settle this through resonable means and they may assist squashing this all together..if you bring this to their attention via the police they'll prolly stop their actions..hopefully.

This is something you can't take care of yourself unfortunately..get some uniformed officers to knock on their door and have then inquire about this damage, of course they will deny it. But seeing you will call the police just may help curb any further bullshit.

In short Call the police and ask them to speak to these people..that's all. That just may put the kabash on any further bs..

If the bullshit continues, ask your dad..you can call your district, talk to the OIC and request a "special attention" so that the zone car in your area will keep an eye on things..and log it in their daily duty report.

if you have the means set up a camera of your parked vehicle and maybe catch them in the act..I did this when those jerks were putting graffitti on my garage..but I squashed that crap myself, so I had nothing on video except the zone car flashing their alley lights on their apartment..which was cool..

When I'm out side, they won't even look at me..actually they were out last night at 3:00AM..I went to take out the garbage cans to the tree lawn and when I came back they closed shop and turned off all the lights..I think I got my point across..

That's how you take care of it..plain and simple. Don't confront them, avoid them completely, do NOT put anything on their property such as that reciept. But if they just fart or look at you wrong, call the cops..like I said..they don't mind..believe me..I worked the busiest district in Cleveland and I took those calls every single day..it was nothing for me to knock on some doors and ask WTF is going on over here..I always advised both parties to avoid each other so I don't have to hear anymore bullshit..in those exact words

Don't hesitate to call the po po..

As a cop, that's the best advise I can offer..
                      Last edited by horns666; 10-09-2006, 03:20 PM.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Was Horns a cop once?
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Call the police bro and put your complaint on file. Don't retaliate. Maybe the guy is a gun carrier. Anybody crazy enough to slash a next door neighbors tire is crazy enough to do MUCH worse. Get law enforcement involved. Tell them you are concerned about your families safety.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                            Was Horns a cop once?

13 years Cleveland Police Deprt..injured on the job taking down a very violent intoxicated correction officer on a plane assaulting the entire flight crew..that was diverted immediately to Cleveland ...if this was post 911 he would have been shot by a Sky Marshall..this was just months before.

200 souls on board watching this ..nobody did anything to stop this male..

He tackled me on the Jet Way ..all 340 lbs of him..I beat his ass and arrested him..breaking my neck in the process.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

File the report,in case you have to show a history at some point in the future,then make a tire swing out of it so they can see it every day.....
                              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Working...
                              X