North Korea lit off a dud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horns666 View Post

He's like a Looney Toons cartoon character!!
    Kim Jong Il: Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!
    Hans Blix: Mr. Il, I was supposed to be allowed to inspect your palace today, but your guards won't let me enter certain areas.
    Kim Jong Il: Hans, Hans, Hans! We've been frew this a dozen times. I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction, OK Hans?
    Hans Blix: Then let me look around, so I can ease the UN's collective mind. I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
    Kim Jong Il: Or else what?
    Hans Blix: Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
    Kim Jong Il: OK, Hans. I'll show you. Stand to your reft.
    Hans Blix: [Moves to the left]
    Kim Jong Il: A rittle more.
    Hans Blix: [Moves to the left again]
    Kim Jong Il: Good.
    [Opens up trap, Hans falls in]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      Kim Jong Il: Hans Brix? Oh no! Oh, herro. Great to see you again, Hans!
      Hans Blix: Mr. Il, I was supposed to be allowed to inspect your palace today, but your guards won't let me enter certain areas.
      Kim Jong Il: Hans, Hans, Hans! We've been frew this a dozen times. I don't have any weapons of mass destwuction, OK Hans?
      Hans Blix: Then let me look around, so I can ease the UN's collective mind. I'm sorry, but the UN must be firm with you. Let me in, or else.
      Kim Jong Il: Or else what?
      Hans Blix: Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
      Kim Jong Il: OK, Hans. I'll show you. Stand to your reft.
      Hans Blix: [Moves to the left]
      Kim Jong Il: A rittle more.
      Hans Blix: [Moves to the left again]
      Kim Jong Il: Good.
      [Opens up trap, Hans falls in]

I LOVE that scene..

Hans falls in the shark tank.."Take that you fucking c@cksucka!!"..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
        Guys ...I've had training on these
        lots...on how to ID...disarm fired and armed nukes, whether they be foriegnor domestic and unconventional nukes.....It is ENTIRELY likely ...given today's technology (not just the US and our allies) that this was a nuclear weapon of some sorts.

No it is NOT economical nor feasible to just set off 550 tons of TNT just to detonate the core element of a nuke......but it IS entirely feasible to set of 5lbs of explosives to compress a core of nuclear material, and cause an explosion that would register 550 tons of TNT.

No I am not saying that this is what happened......I haven't been there to monitor so I can't say. All I am saying is that it is VERY possible to make a nuke yield 550 tons of TNT....as a matter of fact, to test a nuke with limited material, this is a very smart way to go about testing as you are not wasting your material to conduct only one test.

I personally am siding with the opnion that this WAS in fact a test of a nuclear detonation, and I am watching this situation VERY closely.

Will there be a United States military action against NOrth Korea.....I HIGHLY doubt it. will there be a reduction of the former ongoing withdrawal of US troops from South Korea...YUP.....of that I have no doubt...little good it'll do though....It is well known that the US and South Koream (ROK) army are but a speed bump for the North Korean Army...maybe provide a slow-down of 30 hours total before the Koream penninsula is taken over.

In all honesty, I really think that our (and the international community's) hope lies with China as they hold more sway with N.. Korea than any other power on the globe today.

Yes Kim Jon ILwants to have a face to face with the US...this was a REALLY foolish way to go about trying to accomplish that.....all it has accomplished is for the US to encourage China to let Kim Jon Il know that the fate of his countrymen may lay in the hands of Red China and China holds the power to starve, and bankrupt Korea right now (although Kim Jon Il may not really care as his military will still have rations for a time to come....he deosn't really seem to care for his fellow countrymen).

This is turning out to be one tough situation, and I for one ...due to the nature of my job and who I work for.....am keeping my bags packed...I really think that China holds the key in this one.
        buys the man a beer

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_nkorea...azkxBHNlYwN0bQ--
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X