Any keyboard players? Got a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any keyboard players? Got a ?

I own an Alesis QS6 which I use with my cakewalk program. Last week I spilled some beer (small amount) on top of the keys. This week, I have 3 keys that have no sound at all.

I don't know if I should attempt taking it apart to try to clean it or bring it to a professional. Any other suggestion would be appreciated. I'm sure someone here has spilt beer, soda, Jack Daniels or something onto their keyboard.

I don't want to open it up and everything fall out on me. I don't know what it looks like inside yet.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

I used to sell those things many years ago... take it to a pro and have them clean it.
    Once the cover is off, you have way too many little "things" that can get lost.
    Each key triggers a pressure sensative switch... sounds like the switch may be dead or the contact point is corroded.
    -Rick

Comment

see if your home contents insurance will cover accidental damage if the repair is costly.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Last thing I want is lots of little pieces falling out.

Comment

It's primarily springs and retainer clips.
          Loose one and you're hosed.
          You can unscrew the cover and "look", without risk of loosing anything.
          See if you can get some contact cleaner into the pressure switch without any disassmbley. Probably not, but worth a try.
          -Rick

Comment

Ok, will do

Comment

Yet another argument for the QSR - same sounds, in one rack space, and totally midi-controlled.

Of course I do have a QS6 as well, but no room to set it up
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X