Anything to do in Panama City, Fl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything to do in Panama City, Fl

Flying there Sunday for a week. Any good entertainment, music shops?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

See if you can get a ride on one of the hovercrafts!

Comment

You can check this out. http://www.10best.com/Panama_City,FL/ I have never been there though.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wild night life, Club La Vela, might be the world largest beach club, there is no shortage of stuff to do, its the vacation destination of the south, although many restaurants and entertainment places shut down after labor day, red neck heaven, golf out the wazoo, ocean fishing is great this time of year, I used to hang out there a lot years ago but it doesn't interest me much anymore, massive crowds during the peak summer season, tittie bars are on middle beach road, you'll want to be in Panama City Beach, instead of Panama City, A short drive to Destin is nice, a much nicer place, classier, much better fishing, just a walk along the Destin docks is cool, and my favorite bars AJs and the Boathouse are there,,,, I could go on and on Oh yeah its been like 90 degrees for the last couple weeks but, its going to cool off drastically this weekend, mid 70s, lows around 50
        Last edited by FusionFarmer; 10-20-2006, 02:37 PM.
        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
          Wild night life, Club La Vela, might be the world largest beach club, there is no shortage of stuff to do, its the vacation destination of the south, although many restaurants and entertainment places shut down after labor day, red neck heaven, golf out the wazoo, ocean fishing is great this time of year, I used to hang out there a lot years ago but it doesn't interest me much anymore, massive crowds during the peak summer season, tittie bars are on middle beach road, you'll want to be in Panama City Beach, instead of Panama City, A short drive to Destin is nice, a much nicer place, classier, much better fishing, just a walk along the Destin docks is cool, and my favorite bars AJs and the Boathouse are there,,,, I could go on and on Oh yeah its been like 90 degrees for the last couple weeks but, its going to cool off drastically this weekend, mid 70s, lows around 50
          Yeah, I'll be in Panama City Beach, right on the beach.

Did you say golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool off to mid-70s. Hell I just woke up this morning to the high 30's. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!:ROTF:

I heard something about club la vela and another one called Sharkeys or something like that. I'm not too much into the nightclub scene though. The fishing and hovercraft thing sounds good.

Comment

Right on the nose bro...i lived there back in the mid 90's when i had my band XRADA and we used to rehearse in the U-haul storage facility by walmart with the 22 other bands my drummer Rob from that band was the director of entertainment for La Vela for a number of years after that.....ahhhh...good times

The big bars are nice but try Ms. Nuby's if you want large shots
            if you ever go during peak season with loads of people learn to use Back Beach and the side streets to get around or you'll be going 1 mph on front beach or Thomas dr.

MOSH ON
            DAVE
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Sharkeys is a nice smaller bar, La Vela and Spinnaker are just ridiculous huge, mostly spring break kinda stuff, The Bay Point Marriott has one of the best golf courses, along with Hombre CC, they are both pretty pricy. Music stores pretty sorry, Leitz Music is a local chain probably the best, Pawn shops can be gold mines down there, well worth checking out, But definitly if you have a car and the time cruise over to Destin, it is still a nice place, although its building up way too fast. Sometimes a decent band will play one of the clubs, your hotel will have "Beach TV" and it'll give you the low down on whats happening to an extent. Don't think they still have the hover craft there any more , I may be wrong.
              Last edited by FusionFarmer; 10-21-2006, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Sharkeys is a nice smaller bar, La Vela and Spinnaker are just ridiculous huge, mostly spring break kinda stuff, The Bay Point Marriott has one of the best golf courses, along with Hombre CC, they are both pretty pricy. Music stores pretty sorry, Leitz Music is a local chain probably the best, Pawn shops can be gold mines down there, well worth checking out, But definitly if you have a car and the time cruise over to Destin, it is still a nice place, although its building up way too fast. Sometimes a decent band will play one of the clubs, your hotel will have "Beach TV" and it'll give you the low down on whats happening to an extent. Don't think they still have the hover craft there any more , I may be wrong.

Pawn shop are a definite. I'm always looking for hidden treasure. I'll have a car, so I'll check out Destin also. I'll be staying right on Thomas Dr and Joan Ave. Looking forward to checking it out.

Comment

Im sure you'll like Destin, the hot ticket is to hit the dock when all the sport fishing boats come in, 4:00 or so, and see what they're catching, then go hit AJs (big Tiki hut) or better the boathouse which is right there on the docks, Gotta try GRILLED Grouper, its killer, enjoy yourself,later

Comment

I was very nearly arrested there in the 80s. If I remember why, I'll tell you - must have been fun.
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Just flew back home tonight. Had a good time in Panama City Beach. Didn't get to Destin, but I got to see the other music store in downtown Panama City beach. Only thing that sucks was I was suppose to fly back Friday night but flights got cancel cause of tornados hitting around us. I think 5 were counted. Then I had to cancel coming home yesterday cause of the storm in the North East. What the F*$^#K!!!!!!! I wanta go home.

Anyway, I'm back, I get a 4 day rest, then I'm back down to Naples, FL on Thurs. I can't seem to stay away from Fl.

No good finds in Pawn shops. Maybe next time.

Comment

Yeah Don you never know about the pawn shops, too bad the weather was so crappy last week, but thats what happens this time of year, nice a few days, then lousy a few days,

Comment

Yeah Don you never know about the pawn shops, too bad the weather was so crappy last week, but thats what happens this time of year, nice a few days, then lousy a few days,
                          The whole time was actually nice. A little cool like you said. The only time it got bad was 2 hours before my scheduled flight out, then, downhill from there.

I am dragging ass this morning though. Hit a lot of good restaruants. I didn't get to Destin cause by the time I got outa class it was dark, and I was just too tired to travel. I just wanted to eat, study for the next day, then sleep. I'm gettting old .

Comment

Working...
                          X