I Went Skydiving Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Went Skydiving Yesterday

It was my first time, so I did the tandem thang. It was AWESOME! I'm going back in a couple of weeks for my AFF Level 2 dive and ground school. I'm working toward my USPA skydiver certification so I can jump solo.

Doing this was a huge rush of adrenaline, to be sure! But you know, I've been more nervous playing guitar in front of people than I was jumping out of a plane! Don't ask, I'm not sure why! lol

I had them shoot video of my jump, then I edited it myself, adding Ridin' On The Wind (Priest) and High Speed Dirt (Megadeth) as the background songs. The vid is on YouTube at the link below, and here's a link to a photo journal web page I put together if yer uber-bored...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That was awesome! Looks addictive. Great job on the video, too. The handshake w/ the cameraman was very cool, & you really did seem totally calm for the whole thing.

Comment

Very cool.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I used to think that I was afraid of heights... So I went skydiving, to "confront my fear".

The first time was the single most frightening experience of my life up to that point. So being the bonehead I was, I went a second time, which was the second most frighteniing experience of my life up to that point.

The view of the ground from an airplane is a hell of a lot different through a window and an open door

Since then, I've come to realize that I'm not afraid of heights, but afraid of falling. Which I've come to accept as a natural fear that I SHOULD have

EDIT: Both times that I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, it was static line, not tandem. So you probably had more freefall time than I did.
        Last edited by QuantumRider; 10-22-2006, 10:44 PM.
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Did you yell 'GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOO' as you went out the door?

We were talking about that the other day at work - whenever our new temps decide the job sucks and they want to cut out, they say "I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back" (of course, we never see them again ), which has turned into a huge running gag, and I said if I was ever going to try Skydiving, that's what I'd yell when I jumped
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That was a cool video. Congrats on your jump. Me jumping out of an airplane? NEVER!:ROTF: I'm too chicken for that.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I’ve always want to try skydiving. I think it would be a lot of fun but I’m terrified of heights.
              I don’t have any problem looking out the window of an air plane, I have no trouble flying. It seems as long as I can’t see straight down below me I have no trouble with heights. I think if I could find someone to go with I would still do it.

Comment

Great video! Be warned .....skydiving is more addicting than guitars! Be prepared to spend every extra dime you have on jumps!
                Thought you might like these pics of the wife and I. We jumped almost every weekend for two years. Children changed all that for us.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I'm not afraid of heights. I can look down from high places and not have "the falling urge". However, if I look up, I'll fall over.

Of course, it's like that on flat ground as well
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

AWESOME PICS! You're soooo right, it is addicting! I have been researching helmets, altimeters, audibles, and every other assorted piece of gear. And watching videos galore to learn more. Will go back for AFF Level 2 in a week or two. Can't wait to jump solo!

Do you have any recommendations on helmets and altimeters? I'm looking at the Larsen & Brusgaard Altitrack, and the Bonehead All-Sport helmet. Any thoughts on full-face versus open style helmets?

RAWK THE SKIES!!!

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
                    Great video! Be warned .....skydiving is more addicting than guitars! Be prepared to spend every extra dime you have on jumps!
                    Thought you might like these pics of the wife and I. We jumped almost every weekend for two years. Children changed all that for us.

Comment

Right on Annah!! I'm dying to do this also!
                      I'm also jonsin' to get back up in the air period!

Got to watch about a minute and 1/2 of your vid (due to a sucky dialup)
                      But you exhibited pure courage!!

Good luck with your training...that's gotta be the coolest! Extreme sports rawk!!!

~Ken

Comment

I sooooo want to do that some day, but not sure if I can bring myself to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

Matt

Comment

Sick vid Annah !!!
                          I am deathly scared of heights but for reasons i cannot explain, i want to skydive. It's pretty much the only real fear i have, other than big icky bugs so maybe it's one of those confront your biggest fear things.
                          Congrats on the jump Annah, you must be psyched to go it alone...
                          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

My Gf went skydiving on her birthday back in July. She went back for her level two and at the last minute I decided I would try it out for myself. It was cool and all but i will never do it again because i fear the ground covering me like a blanket.

Comment

Looks like fun no doubt.

Me?

Not afraid of heights...
                              Not afraid of planes...
                              Not afraid of fallin...

Only afraid of hitting the ground at excess speeds lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X