No announcement yet.

Off to see Godsmack tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is that, a McNaught? Nice looking guitar.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I saw GS with Metallica a few years ago in philly and really enjoyed the show. I'd pay to see them again, but maybe not as a headlining act, all comes down to ticket cost and location.
      Guitars:
      '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
      '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
      '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
      Amp:
      VOX AD30VT

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
        Sully played Pauls all night, but Tony mostly played this (Mcnaught?) guitar.

ahhh...nice...
        I've seen em 9 times and never with a Mcnaught or whatever it is. He has a desertburst that is one of his faves and a Black Beauty as well. Only other guitar i've ever seen nim play is an Ovation. That guitar looks killer.

My ONLY issue with tony is his reverence for the wah pedal. Everyone has a style though and he's decided that is his. Which is groovy but i can't do a wah to save my soul so i end up wanking through his solos. He's getting better and better every album. He's no Lynch that's for sure but the man has chops !!
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Well, this sucks... Apparently, they are here tomorrow night, and they are one of my womans favorite bands. (ugh)

I'm half assed broke, scheduled to work, so I'd have to call off work that night, and fucking tickets are 45 bucks... Let alone we're both sorta sick with a cold...

I better not mention they're here to her.... haha...

Comment

Godsmack is the best Nu metal band out there, if you like that sort of Drop D one finger flogging stuff.

Comment

I don't care for them, but the drummer is pretty good.
              I love admins!

Comment

Larkin's and Sully's drum solo is here http://www.vicfirth.com/artists/godsmack.html
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I saw them open for Metallica in 2003 (two nights in a row) and they rocked prettty hard. I don't dig too many of their songs but it was pretty good live, the best part for me was the drum solo/trade-off thing with Sully...awesome timing!

Comment

Originally posted by Danacus View Post
                    Godsmack is the best Nu metal band out there, if you like that sort of Drop D one finger flogging stuff.
                    I wouldn't call them Nu Metal, they don't mix rap into their music.

Comment

dude, nu metal doesn't equal rapping, 70% of "nu" bands don't rap.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        dude, nu metal doesn't equal rapping, 70% of "nu" bands don't rap.
                        That's true...It was popular at the same momemt..and they really did go hand in hand..most people that liked that syuff...like both for the most part..that whole 90's MTV generation thing.

Rap and Nu did go hand in hand..but one was "Nu", Disturbed, Godmack, Mudvane..bleh beleh..one was "Llmp Bisciut, Lincoln Park, Rage against the Machine, Kid Rock..blah blah..

most of those bands did do both tho..it was the flavor of the decade..

I have zero use for that stuff ..I like metal, and that's it.

I'm just a one track mind, disgruntled metal fanatic..it must shred balls, it must blast, it must be pissed off and double kickin'..it must rule!!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          I'm just a one track mind, disgruntled metal fanatic..it must shred balls, it must blast, it must be pissed off and double kickin'..it must rule!!
                          too bad Sabbath didn't do any of those

Comment

Godsmack is AWESOME workout music

Comment

I saw them opening for metallica too. I like the energy that they had, but the songs did nothing for me.. They all sounded the same.
                              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X