So Dweezil, Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Dweezil, Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio

are in town Wed. night doing only Zappa covers.

It costs $45.

I love Zappa but Im having a hard time justifying that much $. Admittedly its not going to hurt my wallet, but Im so used to going to small venues and paying something reasonable that I just dont know if I want to sit on my butt and watch these guys.

I think it'll be well worth $45 to see guys of thet caliber. Prices have just gone way up from the good old days. I recently had to make the same call when DiMeola was in town. Just couldn't bring myself to throw down $170 for myself & my wife. I remember paying 9 bucks for a good seat at a Who concert, maybe 12 or so for VH in 80 & 81. Seems like nothing's under 40 anymore, unless it's someone pretty obscure.

Comment

Fuck, I would pay that and I don't know any of Franks music. Just never gotten around to checking out his work. That would be a killer introduction to his work, wouldn't it? His son playing it with Vai and Bozzio?
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

It would be a fun night for Zappa fans I think!!!

Dweez should get DLR and Mike Anthony and re-vamped VH..he does him perfect!!

Dweezil does Ed better than Ed does Ed..so, there ya go..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw that show. It´s worth every dollar. It´s over 2 1/2 hours long. Terry Bozzio played the Black Page. If you´re a fan of Zappa it won´t get any better.

Comment

i will be seeing them 10/31
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
              i will be seeing them 10/31
              Hey, That's Halloween..what about the candy??!!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

sounds like an awesome night.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I saw Zappa playing Zappa last week. GO SEE IT !!!

I couldn't name 3 Zappa songs last week and I loved every minute of the show. The band is great, the guests are great. It was a sold out show and the crowed just went nuts. A lot of younger people in the crowd.

I had after show party passes so I got to hang with the band. They were all very nice and Vai was Vai. Talk about the anti-evh. We just sat and talk for about 20 minutes like two dudes shoting the bull. Everyone include Dwezil, Vai and Bozzio came o the party and hung out.

I'll post some pics later.

Comment

Damn, they are in Montreal tonite and I won't see that show...
                    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                    X