Heaven and Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaven and Hell

Kind of nice that they are foregoing the Sabbath name. I am sure some folks will be glad to hear this.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8L0A3G01.html

I saw Sabbath with Dio way back in the day, maybe 1981 or so. I can't remember. It was a very cool show. Although I like the Ozzy era Sabbath more, the Dio era stuff had some really great songs.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Any time Bill, Geezer, and Tony get together it's a good thing no matter who's fronting.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

This is great news..my favorite Sabbath line up!
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I like the Victoria's Secret ad on the side there also!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This will be the one of the best tours to see next year. For me, only Rush will top it.

chuck
            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo View Post
              This will be the one of the best tours to see next year. For me, only Rush will top it.

chuck
              +1 Rush is in a league of their own...can't be touched.
              My favorite two rock bands Van Halen and Rush.
              Favorite heavy metal bands....the list is to long to list.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Oh yeah, Dio Sab rocks.

Comment

I'll go.
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

10/25 Blabber article w/ more info:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=60935

Comment

Heaven and Hell is one of my favorite albums - but I've never listened to the other Dio fronted Sabbath albums, what do people think???? And will this band be able to play Ozzie Sabbath and Dio tunes?

Comment

But wait! Ozzy says they're not....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=60977

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          I saw Sabbath with Dio way back in the day, maybe 1981 or so. I can't remember. It was a very cool show. Although I like the Ozzy era Sabbath more, the Dio era stuff had some really great songs.
                          I saw them on the same tour. I think Van Zandt was the opening act, for a chunk of the tour. I'm glad I saw that version of the band as well, though not as great as the original lineup as you say.

I'll be there if they do tour.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            But wait! Ozzy says they're not....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=60977
                            Yeah, I find it funny that he would take a stance on it considering the fact that he was originally pitched out of the band for being out of control. From the article...

"Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with BLACK SABBATH. There is only one BLACK SABBATH. Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill will be touring late next year along with a new BLACK SABBATH album. However, Ozzy wishes Tony and Ronnie much success in their project together."
                            Sabbath went through SEVERAL line up changes through the years and they were all Sabbath albums regardless. Ozzy was fired from the original line up because he was such a fuck up. He can cry all he wants, but Dio was a legitimate Sabbath vocalist and member. They are simply avoiding the inevitable lawyers by calling themselves Heaven and Hell.

If it wasn't for Sharon, Ozzy would have died in a pool of his own vomit years ago. I am glad he was tossed from Sabbath, it made the first few Ozzy solo albums possible.

chuck
                            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

good news al round. I love Holy Diver and Dio era sabbath.
                              If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

Comment

Working...
                              X