Ebay nobody bidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    I was reffering to toejams and fetts post about home repairs and buying the guitar anyway
    That's why you gotta always have one card with plenty of room on it for impulse purchases.:ROTF:
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Zackly!!!! Why mix essentials with descretionary spending? AKA. "I have to have that guitar!!!!"
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Yeah Stuka, usually all the action happens in the last 30 minutes of the auction unless someone just hits the Buy it Now after a couple of days after they made sure they can scrounge up enough cash to pay for it
        If I had the cash or a job that Warrior would be mine

Comment

I would be remiss again if I didn't say: "Killer Guitar, Dude!!!":ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Credit cards are evil... I haven't had one in over 5 years. I had two gold cards with over $8,000 each on them, a couple others with a couple thousand, mostly shit ran up from the ex-wife! I filed bankruptcy last year and had most of the debt expunged by the judge since I had a good lawyer. I still don't think I can get a credit card now until I'm officially done paying the trustee the little amount that I owe. Life is much easier now with a savings and checking account and no wife to suck my life away!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              I would be remiss again if I didn't say: "Killer Guitar, Dude!!!":ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
              You are killing me over here.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

A couple hints my girlfriend gave me with EBay, and they've actually worked were these.

Always list your items with the auction ending on a Sunday. EBay draws the most traffic on Sundays because there's more people home on Sunday than any other day of the week.

Don't be afraid if no one bids until the last day, basically people like to watch many auctions before bidding.

I think I found your auction and it looks fine.....just wait it out a bit.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I found the difference!!! You live in "Little Ferry" and he lives "Las Vegas". Who would you buy from?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Sailor.
                  Last edited by fett; 10-27-2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaga View Post
                    If I had the cash or a job that Warrior would be mine
                    sELBEN
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Voicex, interesting advice. I was always told that Thrusday night is their highest traffic day. You want to hit the sweet spot with the California bidders, so auctions should end at 6 pm PDT.

Here's why I wouldn't bid on Stuka's auction. I stay away from auctions with reserves simply because it seems to defeat the purpose of bidding below the reserve. I just never understood why it was there, and typically I assume that the reserve ends about $100 below the bid.

If I have something I'm not willing to let go for a price, I just set my starting amount about $100 below the BIN.

So, I admit to being someone who shies away from bidding on auctions with reserves.

Comment

So, I admit to being someone who shies away from bidding on auctions with reserves.
                        Me too, especially if there is a large gap between the opening bid and the BIN.

Now, someone please PM me the link so I can check out the auction and give my two cents logically. I must be having a Helen Keller moment, because I can't find it.

Comment

That's why you gotta always have one card with plenty of room on it for impulse purchases.:ROTF:
                          I tried that. I thought I had my discover card all to myself. Other stuff ended up on that card. This week I am actually paying off my guitar debt. I sold off 6 or 7 guitars in the past month. I did buy a few more though. 7 and holding! I hope.

Comment

Oh yeah, the Warrior with the white bevels?

If not for the 2 Customs I'm already paying off.....

Plus I think that most people only check the first page of listings and sort them according to Time Left. I alternate between the Time Listed and Time Left sortings, and then only check the first page of each one.
                            The first page sorted by Time Listed is where you find the low BINs on nice stuff, and the Time Listed is where you catch stuff that's about to end cheaply, rather than "bid early and often".
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think the combination of a reserve and BIN is a bad idea. I recently bought an amp that had a straight out reserve without a BIN. I sniped at the last second, met the reserve, and ended up getting a great deal. Putting a BIN in takes away some of the fun of the auction. People KNOW that your reserve isn't going to be drastically below the BIN. So if the BIN is out of their price range....as far as bidding, they may think "why bother?".

Comment

BINs are a great idea, especially with a Reserve. Ebay isn't always "Deals R Us - Your Home For Top Quality At Welfare Prices", and I think that's the mentality a lot of people still have (because, in all honesty, it used to be that way - it was a candy store where old fogey dealers were dumping USA Jacksons for pennies because it didn't say PRS or Ibanez).

Every time I list something without a BIN, but with a Reserve, someone asks for a BIN, so I always put one in.

Unfortunately many people also think that just because it starts a $1, it can end there and be sold for that, so they let their bid ride when it says Reserve Not Met. You're supposed to bid the highest you'd pay for it. If you hit the Reserve early, that's fine, you know you put more value on it than the Seller, but someone else may come along and try to outbid you, thus your "sweet deal" quickly turns into "I paid what it actually goes for".

This is why you see people waiting till the last day.

And your pics are nice, but try to find a dark background so the flash lights up the bevels like in Soloist1's pics
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X