No announcement yet.

Ebay nobody bidding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One factor on EBAY auctions that's important is that not everyone has the time to put into waiting through an auction and watching it. That's why you either follow Newc's advice and bid what you think it's worth, or, from the seller's point of view, you skip the reserve, start the bidding maybe a little below a price you'd accept. This way, everyone knows that if they invest their time in watching the auction, someone is going to get it at the end. In other words, it adds an element of play to the auction.

Believe me, I got so wrapped up in one guitar once that I got into a bidding war at the last minute and I luckily lost because I was way over my head. There are a lot of undisciplined bidders out there, like myself. Essentially, I'm saying some of the highest sales you make are often off of dunderheads like me who get sucked into an auction, and because of the sheer time spent (I don't have a lot of time for EBAY) feel like they can't invest the same amount of time some other week for a similar guitar, so they bid your auction up.

That's my thinking anyway.

Comment

2 out of the last 3 guitars I bought, I just put in what I was willing to pay for them. The third was a BIN. $126.5 for a Jackson XL professional and $160 for a bengal strat mutt, which I think has an american made fender neck and M1 body. If I want to snipe I have my wife do it. She the pro at it.

Comment

"Bidding wars" are only beneficial if the winner doesn't back out. While it may be nice to see that your item sold, it isn't sold until the money is yours.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Danastas the Dunderhead
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
          X