Christmas Lights Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Lights Needed

I need (aprox) 2000 white chritmas lights. C7 ish. For my engagement proposal. Anyone know anyone with connections? I am planning a flight over the desert at night, I will have my van (with a power inverter) standing by for a friend to throw the switch when prompted (help from ATC), to display "Marry Me April?" on the black desert ground below. I could go on about details, but youll all see it later. I am going to videotape it.

Does anyone here happen to have that many lights available? or know where to get them? They would need to all connect to a single outlet.

Thanks guys.

Awwwwwwwwwww!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww

Being that it is getting near that time, I can only imagine that there is around 20 stores near you with lights.

Comment

A standard inverter would not power that many C7's.You might want to look at a generator(might be able to rent one).C7's aren't that easy to find out here,the vast majority are the minis.

Best of luck,and I can't wait to see the video.I proposed in the middle of O'Hare International Airport,she wanted to KILL me(but she said yes)....
          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Cool idea!!! I agree you may want to rent a small gas powered generator to run the lights. You can probably rent a 5K watt generator for around $70/day. Be sure to post pics. Good luck!!!

Comment

C7 lights are rated at 5 Watts each (that's the smallest I've seen them; some are 7 and 10 Watts).

2,000 lights is 10,000 Watts.

10,000 Watts is 83 Amps.

No way you are powering that from one outlet. You would need five 20 Amp circuits or six 15 Amp circuits to power that. And that is CIRCUITS, not just outlets.

Great idea; just make sure you don't start a fire or fry the electrical system on your van.

- Eric
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Thanx Alex,I couldn't remember the wattage or formula to save my life...
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

No prob:

Current = Power / Voltage.

The other part of this is that the wire typically used to string C7 lights together is only rated at 10 amps. Therefore, you should only have about 220 5-Watt lights per string, and now you are up to nine actual circuits that you should use.

- E.

Comment

At an average of two circuits per generator,you are looking at at least 5 of them.This could be interresting..Unless you go for the 5 kw tow behind...

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                      ..Unless you go for the 5 kw tow behind...
                      And you'd still need two of those.

- E.

Comment

You guys have been taken. This newbie is a space alien trying to phone home LOL!

Here is a better idea. Drop the lights and use some form of explosives! That would be real cool.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                          And you'd still need two of those.

- E.

Supposed to be 15,i can't type,watch tv,and talk at the same time....:ROTF:

Comment

Thanks for the technical help. I was looking at a roll like this.... http://www.1000bulbs.com/products.ph...Foot-C7-Spools
                            Would that still require a generator? I have an inverter simmilar to this one: http://www.4lots.com/index.asp?PageA...ROD&ProdID=110 in my van. if a generator is needed, what kind do I need?
                            Thanks again.

Comment

Well, you could hire the Wicked Witch of the West to skywrite it for you. And don't use a "?". Make it a declaritive statement. Like: :Marry Me, April. Or Else.
                              Last edited by fett; 10-29-2006, 04:55 PM.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X