No announcement yet.

Best homemade candy in the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooked, cooled, cut, with the first half of the batch chocolate dipped and dusted with crushed pecans. Tastes damn good!! Just hope the chocolate hardens enough and I can figure out how to store it all without it turning into a big mess.

The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Been gone awhile. Looks good. I'm proud of you.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Hey Fett! Glad to see you posting! I bet your power was out, eh? Hope you didn't get any damage!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I made my batch today. It took two hours to prep my kitchen. I am not a very good housekeeper.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Sad to say, made the second batch today, problems. I made this batch exactly like the first, but added in pecans at the very end. Kinda killed my boil so I let it come back a bit. I guess not enough. For some reason, about 1/3 of it did not set. I wasn't very happy. The first batch got rave reviews from everyone who tried it, so I'm still going to work it a bit more so I can make variations of it. My guess is, if I'm going to add anything in, I need to bump up the temp at the end from my plain recipe prep a bit. Like Bill(fett) said, you need to know your stove top. I'll post any good results I manage to get, or just e-mail them to Bill so he can post them in the future if he wants. Still, all in all, if you want to cook up some good sweets, this stuff is the sh#t!!.
            The Buzzard does not fear
            The man in riot gear
            Harvest a skull of stone
            The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

It's an art, not a science.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
              X