Hearing complications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing complications?

I'm not expecting some doctor to join the forum, just wanted to know if it's just me or others get this: my sense of tone, response to reverb, blah blah, seems to change quite often. what will sound great one day will sound shit the next. it would explain as to why i haven't completed an album in 4 years. i'm constantly editing guitar fx almost on a daily if not weekly basis. should i be taking into account that i sometimes get ringing in the ears after work, my state of alertness, fatigue, mood, etc?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Seems pretty normal to me, so you probably should be concerned
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Do you have sinus problems? That can do it.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Persistent ringing in your ears can be a sign of tinitis and/or partial hearing loss. I was just diagnosed with that in my left ear, actually. I have the ringing and slight loss of very high frequency hearing there.

Weirdly, this started suddenly over the summer. I was fine before then. My doc tells me that's more rare than it coming on gradually, but not totally out of the norm.

You might want to see your doc, and describe what you're experiencing.

Comment

I already know I have tinitis but it gets worse if my sinai (plural for sinus ) are stopped up.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm actually pretty fuggin' deaf from years of loud shit..I have to turn the volume up on all my phones so I can just hear..

Sometimes I have to tell people to actaully "shout" ..because I can't fuggin' hear them..

I'm deaf ..so what..fuggit..

Hey, I look at the bright side..I never need earplugs..yeah!!!!
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sleep deprivation can cause fatigue, mood swings and can affect your hearing. So if you feel tired most or all of the time that could be your problem.

My advice is to seek a good doctor for this. You do not want whatever it is to get worse...Trust me!

You could have chronic otitis, Cholesteatoma, tinnitus, etc. All of which can be bad. Or simply fluid build up behind the ear drum, which can cause all sorts of weird shit.

I've been dealing with bad ears since I was a kid. With 4 surgeries under my belt I can tell you straight up it's not something you want to put off and fuck around with.
              Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I don't know if you have a serious condition or not, but I will say that it is a good idea to wear earplugs when you go to concerts and during practices. Hearing loss isn't something screw around with.

Comment

i'm using beyerdynamic DT100 closed back headphones, otherwise it's my cheapo pc speakers. i must confess, i can't remember the last time i went for a hearing test. a few months ago, i came across something spooky - a colleague asked me to put his phone to my ear. he said there was no audio coming from it, but i swear i could hear something, like it was picking up a faint audio signal from somewhere but the phone wasn't even on a call. my sinus' are swollen, never had them removed, and have been in pain since a teenager. it is constant, and no painkiller that i can take is ever capable of completely suppressing it. they're supposed to shrink as you age, but mine only got bigger. hadn't realised one problem can contribute to another (breathing issues causing hearing probs). i usually listen to stuff at fairly low levels. there are times where i'll listen thru a shop's high end monitors, and my mixes sound muffled (as though most of the high band eq was killed off) or extremely fizzy (mid-hi band missing?). the biggest issue is that these shop staff can't hear the vocals, yet, because i produced the music (i'm guessing), i can hear the vocals but not as much compared to when i was mixing thru the headphones. i'm still contemplating getting a pair of active monitors, but i'm not sure if they'll do me justice if i really have a hearing problem.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                  X