Where Have I Been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Have I Been?

Ok, just need to post this and wonder WTF i've been doing for the last few years with regards to Avenged Sevenfold...

I'm a hard-core 80's (mostly) hair metal, guitar hero guy, and very rarely like anything new that I hear (with certain exceptions like Kid Rock & Disturbed). So yesterday i'm listening to the radio here in Atlanta, and I hear Avenged Sevenfold for the first time (yes, the first time, don't listen to the radio much).

So I go get "City Of Evil" and "Waking The Fallen" and holy sh*t, these guys are awesome. Kinda like a modern day King Diamond. I haven't heard a drummer rip it up like this since Mikky Dee on "Abigail". Harmonies reminiscent of some of my 80's bands, and guitar duo stuff like Maiden. Nice to see there is still hope in music.

Just had to get that off my chest...

They have some good stuff, but I don't think I would compare them to King Diamond. The singer kind of reminds me of Sabastian Bach with a more metal edge.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I've heard some of their stuff on XM and they are decent. Far better than other bands that get a lot of air run.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I posted a thread about them a while back. They are really good.

Comment

This must be some kind of sign or something....a friend of mine was asking me if I'd heard any of their stuff a few days ago, and I said "who?". I'm going to have to check them out now.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I've listened to a couple of interviews with both guitarists,and they really seem to take pride in their chops and dedicated to keep evolving as players.My 14 year old wears their cd out.I like them.....................
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
            X