Borat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borat

Parts of the movie made cringe an awful lot. Not so much the unwatchable (if not hilarious) physical comedy but just peoples general reaction and agreement with his statements.
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

He's a trip as Ali G... I wish he would have made another one of those instead of Borat. I just hope he doesn't make a 3rd movie based on "Bruno". That's even less funny than Borat, IMO.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Wow I think Borat is the funniest of the three. Bruno is god awful though. He is making another movie but it will be a completely new character... Since he will be recognized as any of those three. This movie got ½ of it's theaters cut 2 weeks ago and it still made 26 million over the weekend on just over 800 screens. Pretty amazing.

Comment

Oh man, Borat rules...NICE!! High Five!
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Decent movie. All the best clips from it are on YouTube though.. And a lot of the jokes are kind of based around previous stuff from his show.

I like how each of his characters are kind of designed to annoy / mock specific groups of people. They're just really exaggerated stereotypes, and yet people take him quite seriously.

Comment

That is what is so funny. I mean it is simply the reaction or lack of reaction to his statements. Just like at the dinner party when they were saying he could easily be americanized and he ruined that theory I don't know the peoples bible belt mentality was so funny to me. Like they would convert him and make him an OK human.

Comment

Borat if funny.. but only for a while. The thing is, he knows a certain amounts of jokes and uses them over and over again.. he can't really improvise..but overal it's petty entertaining, especially watching the reactions from some people.
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tetsuo View Post
                That is what is so funny. I mean it is simply the reaction or lack of reaction to his statements. Just like at the dinner party when they were saying he could easily be americanized and he ruined that theory I don't know the peoples bible belt mentality was so funny to me. Like they would convert him and make him an OK human.

The scary thing is some people actually believe these "over-the-top" stereotypes. The movie does a terrific job at highlighting this fact as well. Take the dinner scene.....it's okay when Borat brings a bag of shit to the table.....but he invites a black lady and the "shit" hits the fan.

Comment

Borat is not funny. And the liberal-biased American media's obsession with him is, well, expected. Ask yourself a question: how many comedians would still be funny if they didn't leverage our insensitivity/dislike/lack of knowledge of one another? It's the same reason Abercrombie uses sex to sell clothes: because there's a lack of real talent or purpose.

Comment

I think he has great talent. Very few people can play into a new character and not mess up.

Comment

Well, aparently, many agree with you. The folks in Kazakhstan think he's an idiot.

Comment

I'm getting sick of finding something or someone funny only to have to read some BS like this.

"Borat is not funny. And the liberal-biased American media's obsession with him is, well, expected. Ask yourself a question: how many comedians would still be funny if they didn't leverage our insensitivity/dislike/lack of knowledge of one another? It's the same reason Abercrombie uses sex to sell clothes: because there's a lack of real talent or purpose."

lighten up dude. It's satire. It's meant to entertain. If you don't find it entertaining fine. Don't preach to me why it's "not funny."

I find many things not funny. As a matter of fact I hate some things that others claim to be funny or entertaining, but thats for me to decide. I'm not going to tell you why you shouldn't like it.
                        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Originally posted by stgabriel View Post
                          And the liberal-biased Ameri....
                          Thats all I had to read...

-Nate
                          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                            Thats all I had to read...

-Nate

Of course. Because that also accounts for his popularity in the UK and over here in Oz.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Borat

> I've been on to this guy before Da Ali G Show even made it to HBO,and before the Madonna video. I think this guy is a comic genius,perhaps unparalleled at this type of comedy,regardless of which character he's doing,despite Borat and sometimes Bruno being a little more subtle. Not only does he have a talent for it,he's also educated about it too,he graduated from Cambridge,the same university that Sir Issac Newton taught at and Steven Hawking still teaches at. The Borat and Bruno characters take a little getting used to,but once you actually get to the humor,chances are you'll get it and his act. I just saw that Universal Studios I think just offered him 42.5 million to do a full length Bruno movie. If you haven't seen Ali G In Da House,check it out too. Tommy D.
                              "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                              X