Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who sang this frikkin song?...................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sang this frikkin song?...................

Okay folks,the lyrics go" Friday night at midnight,we're all gonna get what we need,a knockdown,dragout rock and roll party in the streets".It has a piano part in the beginning and it's starting to drive me nuts.I actually used to play in a band back in 1981 that we played this song and I thought it was a Saxon song......
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

I can't remember.:ROTF: But now I can't get the chorus outta my head.:ROTF:
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Apparently by a band called AXE? At least that is what Google says.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

It was Axe. Iwould say they were a one hit wonder, but I dont think that song made a dent in the charts.

Comment

Yeah,I think thats it.See Scott,it will drive you nuts....................

Comment

Thanks guys!.................

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
              It was Axe. Iwould say they were a one hit wonder, but I dont think that song made a dent in the charts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_%28band%29
              Well, it made enough of a dent that a bunch of us remember the song! Also, look at all those bands Axe opened for in the early 80s...

I know, you know this ain't gonna last forever
              Let's take advantage while we still can
              I'm sure that you'll find the days couldn't get any longer
              Day after day it's gettin' old fast

Let's have a knock down, drag out rock 'n' roll party in the streets
              Get all the boys together have them tell everybody that they meet
              Friday night at midnight we're all gonna get what we need

You know, I know we ain't gonna show no mercy
              To anyone that tries to get in our way
              I'm sure that you'll find we got to put the word out for certain
              Once the party gets started we're all here to stay

Get all the boys together have them tell everybody that they meet
              Friday night at midnight we're all gonna get what we need

(repeat chorus 2x)
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanx,now I have to go download the damn thing....
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Ron,I knew you would be here eventually.You won me a case of beer on the Bacardi commercial and I figured you would know it.............

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy;812706.
                    You won me a case of beer on the Bacardi commercial and I figured you would know it.............

What? :ROTF:

Refresh my memory -- and -- when do I get some beer?

IIRC a bunch of guys were supposed to buy me a beer after the Ed Roman incident -- I never saw beer 1

Comment

That song got airplay for years..

Comment

Heck most stuff I listen to never shows up on the charts. They keep this one in regular rotation on Serius 19 BuzzSaw. Whenever I need an early 80's fix I tune into that channel during the commute.

Comment

Ron,Ralph Saenz from the Atomic Punks sang on a Bacardi commercial a couple of years ago and I posted the question here and you ran down the anwser.With that knowledge,I won a bet and a case of beer.............

Comment

Actually, I found the thread -- it wasn't me that got the answer. It was Hollywood.

Comment

That guitar player/singer from AXE..Bobby something I think...went on to play for Blackfoot towards the end of the band, and the last I heard, he's in the new version of Blackfoot, replacing Rickey Medlocke, who took Allen Collins' spot now in Skynyrd...

Man, I got dizzy from that much recollection...

Comment

Working...
                              X