deciding what to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deciding what to buy?

a lot of the time, i tend to buy what i want rather than what i need. on the other hand, buying what i want results in mojo or new riff ideas. so here are the options - i can only have one btw...:

- genelec 8020a monitors 400 squid (i've got dt100 headphones and naff pc speakers)
    - jackson dk2m sw (orders keep gettin delayed - grr) 380-400 squid
    - jackson dxmg blk (my ex-baby, not the naff basswood version) 320-350 squid
    - 6/7 sessions with a lady (erm, i thought i was joking but not sure now)
    - a fridge (sick of people reducing the freeze level on the communial one) ??? no idea on cost
    - a hoover (communial one keeps going missing. gross!)

prices in sterling, not food..
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

dxmg and a cheap hoover....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I like how you're torn between eating/cleaning/hooker/guitar. I'm not going to give you a suggestion as I am far too curious to see what you decide on your own. This will be very insightful.
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

hooker/hoover combination could be interesting...
        Hail yesterday

Comment

They both suck. Bigtime.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

we'll find out in 3 weeks. nngggg gettin the shakes..
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-23-2008, 06:59 PM.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

Sounds to me like you need a "full service" maid who will handle the meals, cleaning and those 6-7 sessions you had in mind.
                sigpic

Comment

you probably have a guitar that plays well,and headphones will do the job for some more time.The best thing to increase your life quality would be the fridge.
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I vote hooker, because the inevitable thread complaining about her services will be much more entertaining than the inevitable thread complaining about the vacuum, fridge, or gear.

Comment

Inevitable thread complaining? I'm quite content with my WRMG . I got it 75.00 cheaper than the RRP (I remember the sales guy whinging he might be making a loss by this straight swap, but then I corrected him by stating I'd already been thru 3 replacement Ironbirds and this was compensation for 8 months of bullshit, so I never paid the difference). But one guitar is never enough, you all know that. I used to own three guitars at one time - er, before i discovered hookers . In fact, whilst I loved my DXMG (what a character she was, I miss her ), I may even consider trying to go thru as much as two months of suffering by saving up for a 2006 DK2S in ASB .

The fridge was a means of safeguarding my food from going off because some POS trashed the older one and I can't find the dial to increase the freeze level in this one. I dare not shuffle other tenants' food - I might catch something . I believe some twunt's pizza that expired January is still in there
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                        I had no idea people used fish as currency in the UK!
                        We don't. If I use SHIFT+3, I get # instead. I bought a cheapo keyboard
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Hell, if you're going to just shit away the cash anyway....go for the hooker. What the hell.
                          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                            I vote hooker, because the inevitable thread complaining about her services will be much more entertaining than the inevitable thread complaining about the vacuum, fridge, or gear.

:ROTF:

ZING!!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X