No announcement yet.

BMW opinions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my 2002 (but could only afford two wheels)!

Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

John,before I went to work in the old glue factory,I was a certified BMW,Porsche and VW tech.BMW is a fine machine,but they tend to treat replacement and maintinance like it is gold...................................
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

well on that car its not really BMW to purchase but on repairs it is certainly BMW=Big Money Wasted
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Take my advice and go for Mercedes instead!
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

After having a few BMWs in the shop as well as older Porsches, I'd have to agree with everyone here.

Nice cars as long as you don't have to maintain or fix them... ugh...

Comment

John,

Forget that and get yourself a nice Toyota !!! Reliable as hell !!!!

Comment

I use to have a BMW. She was an awesome ride but a real bitch! So after I put alot of miles on her I traded her for a domestic ride! A blonde one. BMW-Big Mexican Woman.
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by bonghits View Post
                  I use to have a BMW. She was an awesome ride but a real bitch! So after I put alot of miles on her I traded her for a domestic ride! A blonde one. BMW-Big Mexican Woman.
                  Mike, you are too much.:ROTF:

My friend at work buys, fixes up, and sells Beemers. They are really nice cars if you can work on them yourself, as he does. Otherwise, keep your checkbook handy.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

They are good cars.....as long as they follow the maintenance schedule. If not, we like to call them BM"Trouble You". Get a maintenance log.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I have a 2000 328i and it's FANTASTIC. I have 140K on it and it's still going strong, it's my daily driver and still feels rock solid.

I don't know if I'd go for an 80's model, that's really old and you don't really know the history. that's what would concern me with any car that's 20 yrs old.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Don't do it. In 1990 I bought my boss' '86 Porsche 928, the thing was a monster, got into all kinds of trouble in that car, and it also was a crusher on maintenance, something always had to be fixed on it. BMW stands for Big Meat Wand, the older the car, and foreign to boot, the more headaches you get with it. Unless the guys babied it and it's clean as a whistle. I'd say stay away from it.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

My father-in-law likes BMWs and has been driving them for 30 years. He likes the older ones because you can do alot of your own maintenance (although he is slowing down lately and now owns a '02). If you are good with cars and repairs and like the style of the car and the way it drives, then you should have a blast. If you are looking for a hastle free daily driver you just put gas in and forget about, I think you will be in for a surprise.
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                            Mike, you are too much.:ROTF:
                            Sad but unfortunately a true story Scott! She was quite the sex goddess though that BMW. And was definitely a master at shifting my stick!:ROTF:
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              Don't do it. In 1990 I bought my boss' '86 Porsche 928, the thing was a monster, got into all kinds of trouble in that car, and it also was a crusher on maintenance, something always had to be fixed on it. BMW stands for Big Meat Wand, the older the car, and foreign to boot, the more headaches you get with it. Unless the guys babied it and it's clean as a whistle. I'd say stay away from it.
                              BMW also means 'Wanted, Mercedes Benz' if spelt backwards.
                              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

i had a benz, it was the stuff.
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X