This is a new day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
    C'mon up man, the beer is cold, the women are warm and it's just about snowmobile season. And, we don't have Hilary Clinton.
    Those are all good things,

One big issue that you guys don't to have deal with is the ridiculous cost of health insurance, My premiums are more than my mortgage, and the coverage is crappy, Blue Cross jacks up my payents twice a year usually about 40 bucks more a pop, the Dems say they are going to address the health care issue, last time when Clinton tried, he found out he couldn't do a damn thing
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
      All good, bro! It really wouldn't surprise me if the Dems fall on their faces, but I couldn't in good conscience vote for the current architects of this mess.
      I can respect that.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The problem is not a Dem or Rep issue. Wars are lost when they are fought from Congress or the Whitehouse. Do the Democrats have a better plan than the Generals on the ground ? Do the Republicans ?
        Last edited by OnlineStageGear; 11-09-2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear View Post
          The problem is not a Dem or Rep issue. Wars are lost when they are fought from Congress or the Whitehouse. Do the Democrats have a better plan than the Generals on the ground ? Do the Republicans ?
          Well, it would be interesting to actually let the Generals on the ground formulate and execute the plan.

The problem I see is that nobody has put any sort of bounds on our involvement. You can't just say we'll stay there no matter what - there have to be *real* limits to our involvement. You can't keep sending our troops in to die with no fucking plan. You can't keep pouring money into Iraq and bankroll it on our future while we have serious economic issues already. At the same time, you can't just say we'll pull out immediately (as much as I wish that were true).

The thing I fear the most about this is what the state of things will be in a few years as my sons get closer to the age of conscription.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
            whether you like it or not. Forget the politics and the name calling. There are few times in the history of the US when there has been a repudiation of the status quo. This is what makes America great. We can do it without getting shot. Sit back and relax or react for the next 2 years. This is just great.
            You realize that the Dems controlled Congress for 40 years prior to 1994 as well, right? So the Republican-controlled Congress was really a 12-year anomaly in our lifetimes.

Everybody's talking about bipartisan cooperation, but will this devolve into investigations by Dems and vetos by Bush? I hope not but I think so.

I believe the Dems will capitalize to the extent that they will win the Presidency in 2008. Unless Hillary and Barack cancel each other out fighting for the nomination. The wisest thing for the Dems to do in 2008 would be to nominate Hillary for {President and Barack for Vice President. They might have a shot at 16 years of Democratic Presidency with those two in a row.

Regardless, if anyone thinks this means we're getting out of Iraq soon, I doubt it. We can't just leave or it will make Afghanistam under the Taliban look like Amish country. The Dems know that as well as the Republicans.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

If Hillary is running, so am I. This is my chance , seize the day.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
              X