No announcement yet.

OMG.........that sukked!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Song sucked... Video was just a trainwreck. That was a fucked up video.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Agreed. I heard the Bob Seeger version and thought it was a bit too weak and had no emotional impact, and Metallica's version had what was missing.

I guess it depends on which one you hear first.
      Now wait just a doggone minute here. I *know* you're over the age of 15, are you really going to claim that you heard the Metallica version before ever hearing the Bob Seger version?
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002 View Post
        I liked Metallicas version of TTP better than Segers' myself. Just a matter of preference I suppose.
        Me too, although I still like the original. I like Metallica's Garage stuff better then anything else they did after MOP.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
          Now wait just a doggone minute here. I *know* you're over the age of 15, are you really going to claim that you heard the Metallica version before ever hearing the Bob Seger version?
          Yup. Never heard Seger's version until after Metallica's version. That song just never came on the radio when I was listening to it growing up in New Orleans. I heard Tom Sawyer, Cat Scratch Fever, everything by Zeppelin, Electric Funeral more than I've heard Iron Man, lots of stuff by REO Speedwagon, Alice Cooper, and tons of Kiss, but the only Seger tracks I ever heard on the radio were Night Moves, Hollywood Nights, Still The Same, We've Got Tonight, Against The Wind, Roll Me Away, and Main Street (that opening solo thing was one of the first things I ever figured out on the guitar). I bought the Greatest Hits CD (that came out in 94) sometime last year and didn't open it till like March of this year.

Never heard Like A Rock until the Chevy commercials, either.

And yes, Metallica's video sucked. It had nothing to do with the song, it was a heartbreaking tale of some whore who whined about how hard her whore's life is for her and her widdle girl. Yawn. The song is not about being an unwed stripper mom crackwhore, it's about being in a band - you know, people who actually have to TRY rather than just spread their legs?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            Yup. Never heard Seger's version until after Metallica's version.
            Same here.
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

Metallica's version sucked. To each their own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                Shinedown did Simple Man, and it was horrendous. Really fucking horrible.
                I thought the singer did okay, but it was unplugged and the guitarist didn't seem to know the song.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

OMG.........that sukked!!!!

> I thought Turn The Page was horrible too,but I've had Live Bullet for years,and kinda like some of Seeger's stuff. Whiskey In The Jar was even worse,if a song sucks the first time,why bother covering it? I thought Limp Bizkit sucked even before their version of Faith,one of the gayest songs ever,but somehow they fucked it up even worse. On the subject of good covers,anyone heard Fozzy's version of Live Wire? Tommy D.
                  "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Working...
                  X