Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught on tape - a true story

Long winded and I apologize.

I have a guy named Kelly working for me at our Polaris Dealership as lot manager; a loyal, hardworking, guy. He's a PITA because he never stops talking but he is a good worker. Kelly's job is to clean the machines daily, organize them on the lot, and to put them away at night...he also runs all the errands the staff up there has. Our inventory is fairly large, so he's a busy guy and feels the need to come in an hour early each day. He works 7 -6, six days per week.

Over the few months I have been getting calls from our security company telling me that the alarm has been deactivated as early as 5am, on a regular basis. I ask Kelly what the deal is and he says, "I figured if I was up, I should be working." That's a good answer, but it smelled funny - I've been around hourly wage lot staff for a long time and have never met one who wanted to work off the clock.

So, I ask the security company to put a camera in the bay so I can see what's going on in early in the morning. I let it roll for thirty days and yesterday I reviewed the tapes. Guess what? He's working his ass off - all day every day. He gets in at five and doesn't punch in until seven, just like he said.

However, the tape did let me see that he has been smoking in the building. Indoor smoking is banned here in NS, so I figured this was the time to have some fun with him.

I called him into my office this morning and said, "Kelly, I need to let you know that we have a little problem. Have you been smoking in the shop while you're doing your work?" "No, no, I haven't. I wouldn't do that."

"Well, I had a camera installed last month to see what's going on in the building and I'd like to give you an opportunity to change your answer"

"Jim, I swear, I have never smoked in the building"

"Kelly, take a look at this" - I hit play and there he is puffing away like a chimney. "You've been smoking everyday and you know that smoking is banned in all buildings. This could cost be big money in fines if the bylaw inspector comes around" He apologizes and promises not to do it again. He's thinking his job is in jeopardy at this point.

Now, the fun begins because I have him on the ropes. :ROTF: With the remote for the vcr in my hands I ask him, in my most serious boss guy voice..."Kelly, I have a personal question to ask you and I need the truth"

He starts to squirm and gives me the go ahead.

"Have you been masturbating in the building?" He starts to scratch his head, looks at the remote, then the tv, then at me.

The poor bastard did the same, scratch head, remote, camera, me, dance for literally three minutes without saying a word. Finally, he says "Jim, I don't know how to answer that question." :ROTF:

Luckily, the phone rings and I tell him to get out and we will finish this later. About twenty minutes later, after pissing myself in my office with laughter one of the other guys comes in and says...

"Kelly told me that he may have to quit. I asked him why and he wouldn't answer but he wanted to know if you put a camera in the restroom." :ROTF: :ROTF:

I let him off the hook just ten minutes ago.
    Tarbaby Fraser.

That's great.:ROTF: Classic and funny as hell. You have a good man right there, maybe throw him a bone for all the hard work he has been doing.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

that is really funny but i cant help but feel a little bad for the guy i mean apparently he likes the job lol what did he do when you let him off the hook?

Comment

:ROTF: :ROTF:
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

He hugged me when I let him go. :ROTF:

Scott, I booked him a sweet hotel room for Saturday night so he and his girlfriend can have a little getaway, along with a $100 gift certificate for the hotel restaurant. We're taking out the camera tonight - he's an asset to the team, no question.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
            He hugged me when I let him go. :ROTF:

Scott, I booked him a sweet hotel room for Saturday night so he and his girlfriend can have a little getaway, along with a $100 gift certificate for the hotel restaurant. We're taking out the camera tonight - he's an asset to the team, no question.
            i hope you didnt shake his hand

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
              what did he do when you let him off the hook?
              He went to the bathroom and masturbated since he realized there were no cameras.
              :ROTF:
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Comment

That was very cool of you.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm hourly and I've worked off the clock plenty of times for 1/2 hour .75.
                    If the work needs to get done.. it needs to get done, especially when you are in a position where it won't blow over onto the next shift or person and there's nobody there to really take the slack. Some guys do not want to milk the clock especially if they are told.. strickly these hours to these hours-no OT. Obviously, this guy has a very stable job, plenty to do, plenty of OT.

Its very nice of you to give him a little appreciation bonus for your prank.
                    Guys like that are hard to come by. He was a very good sport about it.. I'd be like.. wtf are you asking me this for?

Comment

I've heard of the prework jerk, but damn show some restraint. That is funny as hell, think I might have to forward it to my manager.

Comment

:ROTF: :ROTF: Damn!! That's hilarious. Nice of you to give him that bonus though. Sounds like you have a good worker there!

Comment

Great boss like you are hard to come by.
                          That was very nice of you to do that.
                          -Rick

Comment

Dude you're so evil..I love that!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
                              I'd be like.. wtf are you asking me this for?
                              Tom, anyone else would have, but you'd have to know this guy. He's just a simple, hard working man. He's forty, still lives at home...you get the idea. If he had told me to f-off, I would have let him off the hook then, but he shocked me by not saying "no", right away.

I made it clear to him that he doesn't need to come in two hours early and work off the clock, ever. If he needs some OT, just ask.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X