if you thought ebay was dodgy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you thought ebay was dodgy...

i went off to leicester in search of my next score and stumbled across a small shop inside the shires (shopping mall). as usual, plenty of crap fakes, blah blah.. then something caught my eye - a jackson js30. oooh, i might just have that as a cheap backup ... wtf?! it's got a 499 quid tag on it. mmmmmmmmkaaaaaaayyy...:ROTF: ... shocked, trying not to laugh my frikkin ass off to the point of being arrested for disturbing the peace, i left as quickly as i could. i didn't even bother to question them about how anyone could ask more than twice the RRP on a used entry level guitar. i'll come back next month to see if it shifted, and if it has, i'll ask them how they pulled off probably the biggest scam in guitar history.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I'm really really glad I live in the US. You foreign guys are up against it. Just think of all those other guys that will pay the price without having the advantage of being on this board.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Maybe Leicesterfarians don't understand the words research or Recommended Retail Price. Maybe retailers often mistake "fraud" for "business". Well, they can't spell or pronounce correctly anyway!
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think that would be high regardless, but one question: was it one of the pointy shapes, or was it a 22-fret Dinky with reverse HS and Floyd?

I ask because before the Indian pointy JS series, there was a JS-30 Dinky made in Japan, with reverse HS and licensed Floyd as I said. That would still be a silly high price though.

Oh, they are makind an Indian JS Dinky now, but it's 24 frets and string-through body. Not to be confused with the better Japan model.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It will go out of business sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
            I think that would be high regardless, but one question: was it one of the pointy shapes, or was it a 22-fret Dinky with reverse HS and Floyd?

yup it was.

I ask because before the Indian pointy JS series, there was a JS-30 Dinky made in Japan, with reverse HS and licensed Floyd as I said. That would still be a silly high price though.

22 frets, licensed floyd, chrome hardware, jackson stock pups, dark metallic red finish, rosewood fingerboard, reversed jackson headstock.

Oh, they are makind an Indian JS Dinky now, but it's 24 frets and string-through body. Not to be confused with the better Japan model.
            The JS Series is MII. i wasn't aware there actually was a MIJ version at some time.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
            X