Winning bidder in a country I'm not shipping to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning bidder in a country I'm not shipping to

OK, I know this comes up, but NORMALLY I have the "block bidders registered in countries to which I do not ship" option turned on.

This time, I didn't, and I'm very sorry to say that a sniper misunderstood "Ships to United States" to mean "Ships to Ireland."

So don't get me wrong, love Ireland, always have. Not shipping to Ireland this time, hence the "Ships to United States."

So how to I get ebay to credit it? All I can find is this: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/credits.html which doesn't cover "Douchebag Buyer Thinks Ireland is Part of U.S." or "Douchebag Seller Forgot to Block Bidders Outside the US."

Thanks,
    Keith
    Last edited by axtogrind; 11-12-2006, 09:39 AM.
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Post it under non paying bidder.

Comment

Yeah, when you go to file NPB there are a list of reasons to choose. One is that the bidder lives in a country you don't ship to.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Why don´t you tell him to send a money order covering all costs and ship the item insured to Ireland?

Comment

Thanks, guys, that takes care of it. Appreciate it, I wouldn't have thought NPB would have been where ebay hides that option, since he's willing to pay... so thanks.

5074, normally I'd be happy work with him like that. And every single time I've ever had someone email me on a live auction and say, "hey, if I win, will you ship it to [insert place] if I pay the shipping," I've said sure. And I really should have blocked bidders registered outside the areas that I can ship to.

In fact, a few days ago on this same auction, I got an email "will you ship to X" and I published the question, and my answer, to the auction: I'm sorry, I just can't this time, no.

The auction ran seven days, and he never bid - he sniped at the end. I don't mind that he sniped, but I mention it just because if he had bid during the auction, I could have caught it then while the listing was live and taken care of it.

So, under normal circumstances, I would have tried to work with himbut I can't this time.

Thanks, guys,
          Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

That was just plain rude of him. For future reference regarding international sales, try IKOBO, or another secure on line tranfer service; no chargebacks, no waiting for the enevlope to arrive.

Comment

I think he bid on it at the last minute one to snipe, but I am sure he read the auction and didn't want to let you block him.

Comment

Working...
              X