Australia is bloody far away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia is bloody far away

and shipping there costs a lot. Why don't they get it? I sold something to a guy down under and he is breaking my wallabees on the shipping cost. The item weighs 9 pounds. The USPS shipping charge is $54.80. That's their number, not mine. And I only use USPS. Period. He wants me to charge him $30.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: Wish me luck.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Well i know it's far away that's why i don't fancy sitting on a plane for hours to get there!

Comment

I have to pay over $100 to get some stuff sent my way
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

In this case, the shipping is half of the cost of the item. That is shocking, I grant you, but that's what he gets for living in the middle of Nowhere.

Comment

I went to Oz for my sisters wedding. Everyone else goes to Oz for weeks, I went for 6 days. It takes a minimum of 23 hours from the uk. Yes, it is bloody far away- unless you live near there

Comment

Originally posted by richardlawson View Post
            Yes, it is bloody far away- unless you live near there
            That's genius
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Shit..... I went to Fiji from California, which was close and that was like 13 hours. I am a tall guy and that was the worst flight I have ever taken in coach. I think Aussyland is like 3-4 more hours.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I shipped a $300 engravers vice for silver engraving to a guy in New Zealand and it was fairly heavy, shipping was about 100 bucks, plus you gotta fill out the customs doc. but because it was a fairly rare item and the guy needed it desperatly he was only more than happy to pay for the whole thing.
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I'd love to visit Sydney, but the flight is around 20 hours.. non-direct. Secondly, a ticket is around 900 euro.. so.. no Australia for me
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

i went to the MAC World Show in the fall of '92 , ran up $15k on the company crdit card, drove golf balls down the hallway of the 7th floor of the hotel with some customers of mine , piss drunk of course and in nice suits. The ball was richocheting all over the place waking people up, and they would open the door screaming to stop and we'd just say -"Four!!!!!" and wham went the ball!!!
                    There was a driving course connected to the hotel but it was closed at 4 a.m. so I climbed over the fence in my suit in a drunken mess and scored two drivers and a bucket of balls.
                    The boss wasn't too happy about the ridiculous AMEX bill, but we got some major profit in for the company. The 17 hour flight sucked though. It was fun, Bondai Beach, Maroubra, it was great, but after 7 days I wanted out of there. Next up was Amsterdam, my boss refused to let me go on that one, he said he didn't want to be the one to make the call home to my family that I was no longer here. I begged him to not pull meoff the trip but he said no way jose. Austrailia is one gorgeous place.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Want to go there someday. I flew from NJ to Guam last year and that was a long ass flight ( flat ass flight as well ).

One of these days.

Vitamin G.....you'll have the beer ready?
                      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Tommy, you forgot those beer drinking chicks who almost owned you
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          drove golf balls down the hallway of the 7th floor of the hotel .

Oh crap That would'v'e been funny as hell to see.
                          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I don't know what you're all complaining about. I've never found it that far.

Originally posted by donf View Post
                            Vitamin G.....you'll have the beer ready?
                            Fridge is full. Beer is cool. So I'm all ready for your visit, Don

the postage has been the deciding factor on me not following through on a couple of purchases. Some smokin' deals have turned out not so hot by the time I factor in shipping, plus the US/AUS exchange rate. Unfortunate, but sometimes if you really want the item, you've just gotta suck it up. It does make it hard with those lineball deals though
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I told the guy how much it would cost during the auction. Now he's whining.

Comment

Working...
                              X