Australia is bloody far away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
    I'm usually prepared to pay ~$100+ USD in shipping for a guitar... any more than that is not that cool...
    You can forget ever bringing a real King V/Rhoads into New Zealand then. Until you see the case size, you will not realise what the hell I am talking about...Those puppies cost over $250 to ship.
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I hate the fact that there are people out there that ruin it for us guys that are prepared to pay the actual shipping costs. I do realise there's some people that live in far places and have never bought a guitar from the States before, but that's no excuse for doing a bit of research. The fact is that the US has the biggest supplies of American-made instruments. If you want one of those, it's going to be expensive to ship via AIR. If you can't afford the shipping estimate (and guess that's probably conservative in some instances, also don't forget CUSTOMS!), don't dick around the seller. They'll most likely just get pissed off and remove the international option from future transactions.

Comment

Sanctuary, if you send me one of your Stealth's I am willing to pay the shipping costs! Notice how I didn't mention giving anything for the guitar itself? Sneaky tactics
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Guitardude86 View Post
          Sanctuary, if you send me one of your Stealth's I am willing to pay the shipping costs! Notice how I didn't mention giving anything for the guitar itself? Sneaky tactics
          Sorry mate. It took me so long to find them, that they ain't going anywhere soon.

There's been a couple on the 'bay recently...I take it you saw those?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
            Fett, if the buyer is not smart enough to find the USPS Postal rate calculator online, send the idiot the link and remind him that packaging material has weight, due to something new called gravity. But considering that it is possibly a grown man that will be on his knees playing with the car in his living room using onomatopeia to emulate the sounds of a race car, while it runs over a Barbie doll, which represents his ex wife, one cannot expect too much.

Afterforever, that is a super low price for a flight. (I am guessing that you may be a student). Japan, for most has extremely limited holidays. For those people, a flight to Europe, during one of the 3 holiday seasons, will cost 2300 Euros. Also, for no logical reason, Japanese departure passengers are only allowd about 1/2 the weight for checked baggage as those departing from other nations.

Tommy, you would be right at home with my boys from a past life. Imagine a group of fellas named Marco, Vinny, Kiko the Wop, etc. all gacked out in Argetina. They sent me shots of them eating Argentinian BBQ- there were no plates. They had some ladies in g-strings bending over, using there behinds as a plate. If the plate moved, it got a spanking. They are there again today on vacation.

Why are we not with them?
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

He gave up and agreed to the shipping cost. But, he wasn't a happy roo.:ROTF: :ROTF:
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

what did i say... supply and demand..

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                  I hate the fact that there are people out there that ruin it for us guys that are prepared to pay the actual shipping costs. I do realise there's some people that live in far places and have never bought a guitar from the States before, but that's no excuse for doing a bit of research. The fact is that the US has the biggest supplies of American-made instruments. If you want one of those, it's going to be expensive to ship via AIR. If you can't afford the shipping estimate (and guess that's probably conservative in some instances, also don't forget CUSTOMS!), don't dick around the seller. They'll most likely just get pissed off and remove the international option from future transactions.

I have to admit, I ship at least once a month to either Australia or NZ, and the shipping cost is usually the same as whatever they bought, whether it be a body, neck, tuners, etc. I usually warn anyone buying my stuff to email me first for a shipping quote (I send a www.usps.com link to show actual costs, and tell them it's $2 for materials on top of that).

Oddly enough, most guys are just happy that I'm willing to ship overseas, and appreciate that the ridiculous shipping isn't me gouging them, it's the USPS. Never had a problem...yet!
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Zackly. I didn't make up the shipping cost.

Comment

Originally posted by missionguitars1 View Post
                      I have to admit, I ship at least once a month to either Australia or NZ, and the shipping cost is usually the same as whatever they bought, whether it be a body, neck, tuners, etc. I usually warn anyone buying my stuff to email me first for a shipping quote (I send a www.usps.com link to show actual costs, and tell them it's $2 for materials on top of that).

Oddly enough, most guys are just happy that I'm willing to ship overseas, and appreciate that the ridiculous shipping isn't me gouging them, it's the USPS. Never had a problem...yet!
                      Well, when you work out how much a guitar weighs and that you're effectively flying it over 3000+miles of ocean, that's why it gets expensive. Ever priced an air-fare down to this part of the world? And it's only going to get dearer in the future with declining oil stocks and pressure from the greenies. Also most of the local stores/distribution agents charge an arm and a leg for what can be considered pretty bland/basic gear, so hence why a lot of us are prepared to fork out a lot for something different...

I just don't like the guys who ruin it by complaining about the damn cost...put up or shut up.

Comment

Oh Tay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong View Post
                          But considering that it is possibly a grown man that will be on his knees playing with the car in his living room using onomatopeia to emulate the sounds of a race car, while it runs over a Barbie doll, which represents his ex wife, one cannot expect too much.

Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Working...
                          X