RIP Spanky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Spanky!

My familys dog died yesterday on my Birthday. He was 14 yrs old and my Mom always called him my brother cause he really was a part of the family. He will be missed very much.

We were really surprised his health went so fast. Just a couple months ago, you'd think he was a puppy cause he was so energetic and now he gone. The Vet said he had some kind of tumor and a heart problem.

I dont have many pics of him, but here are a few of when my wife first met him and the last one was taken on Halloween. He lost alot of weight.

I am sorry for your loss, bro. Our pets really do become part of the family. Remember all the fun times and unconditional love that he shared with you.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

My condolences Wulfe

We lost one that was dear to us not too long ago. It hurts, but you always go back and remember the happier times you had with him.
      He's in his better place now (sorry if that sounds cliché) But it should still offer some comfort on your loss.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss man. Sad stuff, and I truly know the feeling.

At least you can rest assured he had a great dog life, compared to most, in a caring and loving home and a dog couldn't ask for much more really.

Comment

John, I am surprised that you didn't post this. It kills me to read it, but it IS really nice....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
          Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
          Author unknown...
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking I know. Be thankful you got to spend those wonderful years with him and you provided him with a loving home.
            RIP Spanky.

Comment

My condolences.. they really do become a part of you.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, wulfe.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your loss,you have my deepest condolences. I say we raise our glasses and toast mans best friend.
                  If it's tourist season then why cant we shoot'em?!

Comment

Sorry to hear that....not a very good birthday either

I have 2 dogs and they are members of my family just as my children are..
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      Sorry to hear that....not a very good birthday either
                      Yes, Agree..very sad indeed..Sorry man.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yes this is really sad...
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Sorry for your loss
                          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

RIP Spanky. Just remember all the good times and games of fetch, etc.

Comment

That so sucks. I'm sorry dude.

RIP Spanky.
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Working...
                              X