Global Warming - I'm melting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming - I'm melting

I thought I gave up the BBC at 1AM, but I didn't. They are all over the GW issue. How come we don't hear anything about this here in the US. According to the report that's coming out of England, if we don't do something fast were are FUKKED. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6096084.stm
    Last edited by fett; 11-15-2006, 04:56 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

"A report by economist Sir Nicholas Stern suggests that global warming could shrink the global economy by 20%.

But taking action now would cost just 1% of global gross domestic product, the 700-page study says."

It's always about money isn't it....
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I think his point was that that shrinkage of 20% in economies in general = massive worldwide depression . He's an economist and he deals in numbers. The negative "human impact" goes without saying. Not only that!!!! He's a frigging "SIR". And that means he has the Queen's blessing.
      Last edited by fett; 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Hmm.. It goes without saying, or nobody cares, or a bit of both I think

Comment

You are in Norway. If this guy is right, you may be surfing sooner than you think.

Comment

Surf's up dude!
            COWABUNGA!!

Comment

Looks like we are the only ones that care.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                Looks like we are the only ones that care.
                Faith No More cares about the state of the world in the 80's

-a

Comment

"The Stern Review forecasts that 1% of global gross domestic product (GDP) must be spent on tackling climate change immediately.

It warns that if no action is taken:

Floods from rising sea levels could displace up to 100 million people

Melting glaciers could cause water shortages for 1 in 6 of the world's population

Wildlife will be harmed; at worst up to 40% of species could become extinct

Droughts may create tens or even hundreds of millions of "climate refugees" "

So what else is new? I hear that every day. I'm not saying I don't care, I just think it's kind of funny when someone makes a 700 page report on something we're all VERY MUCH AWARE ABOUT and act like they discovered it first... What the f*** is that all about?

Comment

I'm not sure whether I buy it or not. But that's not my point. My point is that we, in the US, seem not to consider this a problem. As for the 700 page report, that's a good thing. He wrote an "impartial" report based on the one thing that really hits home. And that is "Money". That should wake us up.

Comment

One way to cause a sharp decrease in world temps is a major incident that causes a dust cloud that covers the earth for a year or so, nuking Iran and No. Korea at the same time might just be the ticket to save the planet:ROTF: just kiddin,,, well,,maybe,,,
                      I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

So, we found out the industrial revolution wasn't just a good thing after all.. Maybe we should all move in the country and go back to farming?
                        My family actually has a farm a few hours outside of the city. No animals anymore, we just use it as a holidayresort or something.. Whenever I get tired of the city, or people in general (they really get on my nerves sometimes) I get out of town and spend some time there, just rediscovering myself. The thing is, it seems to me anyway, in cities or any highly populated area, people will gang up and tell you to think this, and mean that, and do this, and if you don't you're not one of them. They don't want you to have a free will - they want to control you. I know not everyone is like that, but damn it there's too many of them. Maybe I should just move out to the farm right away.. I'd be doing myself a favor..

Comment

Thanks man When I've had enough bullshit there's always good to see some.. Bullshit

Comment

Just think. If 3 billion people stopped farting or exhaling we could save the planet. And then we could stop the livestock from farting. We could stop using coal. We could spend the next 30 years making Nuke plants. But, damn it all to hell, I'm going to drive my car and fly wherever I want.

Comment

Working...
                            X