Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such short set lists

well,

i went to my first show in seven years and my first metal show in even longer. it was on Sunday night at the Rialto theater here in town. 4 bands pushed through in like 3 hrs 45 mins. even the headline act only played a bit over an hour. i'm guessing they were dealing with curfew issues since it was an all ages show. it felt good to see a few bands again. and for those that want to know the bands, they came on in this order: 2 cents, bury your dead, all that remains (killer) and killswitch engage.

Garry

yeah the short setlist thing sucks. I always hate that. play two fucking hours if you're anybody. I feel cheated when I pay for shows that don't last two hours from lights out at start to lights up at the end.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

that's what you're going to get with a 4 band bill. Still, 3 & 3/4 hours of live music isn't a bad night out
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Thats a very long show for a theater.

Comment

The live music was awesome!!!! I was impressed with how quick they got one band tore down and the other set up and checked. I just remember shows being longer. When i used to go to the new daisy in Memphis bands would play for about an hour and a half. Just different from what i remember.

Garry

Comment

if you were seeing an opening act & a headliner, they probably would. If you had each group in a 4 band lineup play 90 minutes, that's a 6 hour gig, plus breakdown/setup & queueing outside to get in. Now THAT's a long night!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

To be able to do shows with more that 2 bands you have to have the bands get paid less or the tickets prices would be insane. In order to do this they play smaller sets. Also the stangehand costs get out of hand especially if they're union.

Comment

Working...
              X