Black Friday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday...

I will NEVER understand this day. What makes the day after Thanksgiving so special to shoppers!?

I made the mistake of going to Best Buy today. I just wanted a new Xbox game, nothing more. I walk in and, yeah it's busy, but not too bad I thought. I find the game I went in for and proceeded to the checkout...

Then it happened! Operation Cluster-Fuck being carried out in full!

This ass clown with a bull horn is saying the line starts at the yellow sign with multi-colored ballooons... Easy enough, right? Nope! I go to the sign and the fucktard being paid to hold it says to go back from where I just came. I walk all the way back and have this dude say, "I just saw you here, the line starts over there." This happens 4 times before I lose my cool with it and I know it wasn't just me either. I saw just about everyone walking around dazed and confused.

So, I finally get in line thinking they have setup extra checkouts in the back of the store and are having people exit from the side or the back since the front is so chaotic and I see people lined up against the back wall... Uh... No!

The line started in the middle of the CD section, which is in the middle of the store, and zig-zagged up and down every isle from the center of the store, to the far end, to the very back wall, all the way down that, then zig-zagged up and down every isle down the opposite site of the store until you got to the registers.

When I finally got to my car 2 hours later I thought, "This better be one badass fuckin game!"...

What I don't get about this is I saw nothing on sale. Everything was the same price today it was last week and every week before that. What's the big deal?
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

what game was it?just got MOH for my PSP and its amazing that they have crammed it on to it.I need a good gaming session soon,havnt done it for ages

Comment

I bought Oblivion for Xbox 360... It was a toss up between that and Gears Of War.

While standing in line in the TV section they showed a preview for a new game called Dark Ages, I think it was, that looked killer, but it's only for PS3.

Comment

good choice mate-my mate plays that on a HD projector on his cinema wall and its a stunning game-i am getting bored of shoot em up FPS's(unless on psp.lol)so slash em ups is more fun.Yeahh i think i have seen a preview of dark ages and agree it looks killer

Comment

I'm offended by the term black friday and boycott all the stores on the friday after thanksgiving :_
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjw View Post
            good choice mate-my mate plays that on a HD projector on his cinema wall and its a stunning game-i am getting bored of shoot em up FPS's(unless on psp.lol)so slash em ups is more fun.Yeahh i think i have seen a preview of dark ages and agree it looks killer
            So far it looks cool. I haven't been able to really get into it yet, but I do like the way you can pick the character and change his appearance.

Comment

went to best buy and back home in 40 minutes Got a 19" widescreen monitor for $129.00, a philips dvd player for $29.99 and a dvd recoder for $57.99. I had a good black day!!

Comment

Originally posted by charveljunkie View Post
                went to best buy and back home in 40 minutes Got a 19" widescreen monitor for $129.00, a philips dvd player for $29.99 and a dvd recoder for $57.99. I had a good black day!!
                It may have been the time I went. I was able to go Sam's Club and Wal-Mart both in about 30 mins. Which surpised the hell out of me. I can rarely do that on normal days... But then again everyone may have been at Best Buy!

From what I hear Best Buy opened at midnight last night. I was there at around 6:30am. It was a mess though.

Comment

yeah i talked to the salesman and cc opened at 5"ooam and he said there was atleast 150-250 people at the front door. me i slept late after drinking too many beers walked right in and out no waiting

Comment

"Colored Friday" (I'm so confused what to call it.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: ) is actually very important. It is the "Official" start of the X-Mas shopping season. For anal-ists, it gives them an indication of what retail stocks might do. For shoppers, it's just what they do. But, not me. I hate crowds and people in general.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

We went out this morning to do our anual toy buying for donation. The reason we go on this day is that you really do get more for your money. It is fine to buy a lot of the same sale items since they'll be going to different kids so we are able to maximize the amount of toys we can give away.

The checkout clerk at Target was not happy to see 80-90 Hot Wheels plopped on the counter. I love that part - they won't do a quantity entry on those because all the cars are different even when I point out the SKUs are identical. Doesn't matter to me, I did't have to scan them.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Do you donate to Toys-For-Tots or a local deal?

I would definitely hate to be a cashier this time of year!!

Comment

I drove by Circuit City store today and people were parked in the grass parking areas, sidewalks, roadway easements, everywhere. A friggin madhouse.
                          I wanted to go in before noon and pickup some DVD for the kids, etc. forget it, the $5 savings would have menat nothing if I had to drop kick a crazed customer or fuckwad store clerk.

Instead I drove to the nearest Perkins and feasted on a French Toast platter.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I bought a Sony KDS50A2000 a few weeks ago.
                            I went back to CC today to get a few bucks back because I have 30 days
                            to find a lower price.
                            CC had it $200 dollars cheaper today.
                            So I go there, stand in line, and get told by the lady
                            "oh, this doesn't count on BLACK FRIDAY"
                            I get home and call customer service and get the same speal.
                            Bunch of crap

Comment

Sounds like "Black Friedday"
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X