Who has their Christmas trees up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has their Christmas trees up?

I just finished putting the lights on our tree. I'm taking a beer break while my wife and two daughters are decorating with the ornaments. It seems to get even more fun with each passing year because our daughters are able to do more with the tree. We have an artificial tree, and this year, our girls helped "form" the branches which was a first for them. I love this time of year.

Please post pics of your family tree.

Alvin
    Last edited by Alvin_Wilson; 11-26-2006, 09:14 PM.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

well here's last years, we usually wait until 2 weeks before x-mas as we still get a live tree-

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
      well here's last years, we usually wait until 2 weeks before x-mas as we still get a live tree-

That picture looks like it came from a Hallmark Christmas card.:ROTF:
      Seriously, though, nice tree.

We haven't gotten our tree up at my house yet. I think my family is getting a tree next weekend.

Comment

every year its gettting harder and harder for me to get into the spirit. I'm a guy who make his hous visible from space with all the Christmas lights...not doing all that this year...too much work.

We put up 2 trees, a fake one up the game room and a real one in the familyroom. Nothing is up yet and dunno when we'll get started
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Ours is going up one day this coming week.
          I bring it up from the basement and put it up and the wife and daughter decorate it. I decorated it one year and haven't decorated since, thats been it least 9-10 yrs ago. I have a thing for solid small "blue" lights.
          I thought it was pretty but the wife and daughter didn't. They said, "its all blue, way too much blue, your not gonna keep it that way are you?". That was the last time I decorated the tree.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

about a week away from setting it up.
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
              every year its gettting harder and harder for me to get into the spirit. I'm a guy who make his hous visible from space with all the Christmas lights...not doing all that this year...too much work.

I'm with ya there..I used to light the whole house too ..now I don't even have the desire to put a tree up.
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

damn grinches......

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Put mine up a couple days ago... Took about 8 minutes to get it out of the closet, spruce (pardon the pun) up the branches and plug it in...

My Girlfriend has been working all day on the one at her house and is STILL installing the last of 1200 lights (yes 1200 and wants more) that she is skillfully hiding the wires to quite nicely. My son and I were there half the day and finally left her on her own to finish, hehe... I wanted the "joy" of helping, but she apparently has to do "some" things herself.

Comment

For the outside...
                    I have two air inflatebles, a santa and a frosty and some other stuff.
                    I have a couple of small holidays signs I pound down into the ground.
                    Colored lights around the deck. I tried for just "blue" lights only and it didn't work out.
                    Go figure. I have a decent size deck btw.

It takes a whole afternoon to do all the outside stuff.
                    I wait for one of the warmer days to throw it all up.
                    Its not pleasant to do the stuff on a cold day.
                    Nothing like shivering and having a runy nose from the cold weather trying to throw up all the stuff. At that point and when it happens, I'm very angry. As I have said in other posts, I don't do cold, me and cold weather despise each other greatly. The whole out door thing for the holidays HAS TO BE DONE on a WARMER day.
                    Last edited by Soap; 11-26-2006, 05:53 PM.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I'd like to put the tree up a couple of weeks before xmas, but the wife & kids will probably want it up on 1 December. I don't go much for decorating the outside of the house, really only do the wreath on the door. Otherwise, it's the tree and the room that it's in.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I just put my lights up today. No tree yet though.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

We don't bother to put up a tree anymore..Our last one was a tree that mounted to the wall..the back half was flat..and you just plugged it in. We tossed it a couple of years ago and never got back into it.

Comment

Trees up, lights are up. The wife did it all!
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Due to a myriad of circumstances,I find myself eager for the season to end. I just can't do it this year...

But I must say Mrs.Budman's tree leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy for a few minutes (no inuendo intended,pervs!!)....
                              Last edited by stevieb91; 11-26-2006, 07:43 PM.
                              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Working...
                              X