Rammstein...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rammstein...

With DDD's recent 20% off sale, I stocked up on several concert DVDs. One I got was Rammstein's "Live Aus Berlin". That was really cool. They are tight as a drum and put on one heck of a show. The overall production/show was amazing. Tons of fire!! Very simple & somewhat monotonous songs, but also very catchy. I enjoyed it. Definitely worth the $10.43 I spent for it. I do wonder if there was some overdubbing because the guitars sounded absolutely gargantuan in some parts.

Has anybody seen them live? Thoughts? Discuss.

BTW, it looks like Richard played an ESP KH-2 and I believe Paul played a EBMM EVH model.

Comment

Just a few days ago I was perusing their extensive wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rammstein

I love their tone and their live show! Can't wait to see them when they get to CA, although I hear they aren't able to do full pyro shows in the US.

Until then I watch youtube clips....love the wrist-mounted flamethrowers!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the wiki link....I hadn't seen that yet!! Fairly extensive band member info there too.

Comment

Rammstein is great! Couple years ago they were barred from playing Denver due to the pyrotechnics untill they decided to drop them. They played and the show got shut down anyway because the crowd got way out of hand, LOL

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Just a few days ago I was perusing their extensive wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rammstein

I love their tone and their live show! Can't wait to see them when they get to CA, although I hear they aren't able to do full pyro shows in the US.

Until then I watch youtube clips....love the wrist-mounted flamethrowers!
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
            Thanks for the wiki link....I hadn't seen that yet!! Fairly extensive band member info there too.
            You're welcome...interesting research into their lyrics also.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Rammstein are absolutely amazing live. I had heard a few songs on music tv and found them heavy yet very melodic and bought Mutter, then Reise Reise and then rosenrot. They were touring the UK so I got tickets.
              They were playing at the MEN arena in Manchester which is a rubbish venue- you know the kind of thing- like where they hold WWE events. The last band I saw there was Blur which is 1 1/2 hours of my life which I would like back. Anyway, our seats were high up on the edge of the arena almost level with the stage- and it rocked! Best live show I've seen since David Lee Roth on the skyscraper tour. They started off very militaristic, with long black trenchcoats , marching type walking etc and by the end of the show were completely rocking out. Thing is, you didn't really notice the changed happening as it was like organic growth. If you ever get a chance to see them, go. Oh, i forgot to mention the fireworks and the sailing a boat across the audience...

Comment

I think Mutter is their best album. It's one of those albums when you put on you listen through it without skipping any songs. Seems to me that album wasn't made just to be played on the radio.
                "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  With DDD's recent 20% off sale, I stocked up on several concert DVDs. One I got was Rammstein's "Live Aus Berlin". That was really cool. They are tight as a drum and put on one heck of a show. The overall production/show was amazing. Tons of fire!! Very simple & somewhat monotonous songs, but also very catchy. I enjoyed it. Definitely worth the $10.43 I spent for it. I do wonder if there was some overdubbing because the guitars sounded absolutely gargantuan in some parts.

Has anybody seen them live? Thoughts? Discuss.
                  No overdubs...
                  Richard Z. Kruspe does much practice with the computer so he
                  plays really tight and also all the other members...

Yes he plays a KH-2 model (The limited edition with MOP baseplate--pretty sharp looking)...

But now he has a signature model from ESP which is really good I must
                  admit...
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Man, I can't believe i saw them at a show years ago with Soulfly and ignored them while drinking at the bar...

I dig them a lot now and saw the DVD and thought it was pretty killer. Definitely regret not paying attention to them.

Comment

I've seen a live video, and it looked and sounded great. I would definitely go see them if they came around here.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have the same DVD, great entertaining show. Their guitar tone is crushing.
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                          No overdubs...
                          Richard Z. Kruspe does much practice with the computer so he
                          plays really tight and also all the other members...
                          they're also using a clicktrack on in-ear system afaik.

Comment

I saw them live.. it was ok. Not bad, not extremely good either..

Lot's of fire.. and the vocalist was crowd surfing in a rubber boat.. that was fun for a while.. but the songs are all so similar.. I got bored.
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                              I saw them live.. it was ok. Not bad, not extremely good either..

Lot's of fire.. and the vocalist was crowd surfing in a rubber boat.. that was fun for a while.. but the songs are all so similar.. I got bored.
                              Not it was either the keyboard player or the bass player...

Till never done that
                              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                              X