The weakening Dollar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weakening Dollar

Boy, you guys over there are sitting pretty. The Euro and Pound are going to the moon vs the $. That means all of our stuff, here in the US, is getting cheaper and cheaper.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Time to order a Custom Shop!

Comment

Cool. I didn't even notice it. Huge drop since the last time I checked it.

Comment

It's going to get better for you guys. You could fly over here; buy the guitars and ship them back as parts. Years ago, Wilson golf clubs were very hot items in Japan. If you shipped a complete set of clubs the VAT was really high. What they did was, literally, take the clubs apart. There was a tremendous difference in the cost of shipping. Just come over here and buy you guitar and ship it in pieces as "Parts".

Comment

$2.00 a Pound. Yikes!!!!!:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

So, why is happening ? Can it be driven low enough to make chinese stuff too expensive to buy?

Comment

Just got back from London. 6" Subway veggie sub - 2.99lb. Filet-o-fish 1.99lb. It's pricey as heck over there.

Yes, the dollar is weak, but that means it's just cheaper for people overseas to buy US stuff. i.e. a $2,000 guitar is only 1,000lbs.

Comment

Working...
              X