servers been giving me hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servers been giving me hell

i'm here at school and i browse through JCF during my business class, they block just about every thing but the "HOLY GRAIL" (JCF). Well when i found out they block out the catalog scans, well lets just say i've had it up to here with this damn security server any one know how to bypass it. I'm thinking a bypass proxy but i need to launch it off the computer itself not the network. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

mozilla...
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Because I am old, I will give you my 2 cents. That's when 2 cents actually bought a piece of bubble-gum and a college education was free. WTF are you doing?!!!!!!:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: That's assuming you are in college. Isn't your education costing like 4 EVH's a year?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The JCF is all the education you'll ever need, son
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

If all internet access is routed through a proxy, you can't bypass it.
          Well, you could, but it would require access to the schools network that I'm sure you don't have.
          -Rick

Comment

errr try high school..... it's all free even the lunch. well its not routed through a proxy they just prevent you from using it
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
              errr try high school..... it's all free even the lunch. well its not routed through a proxy they just prevent you from using it
              How do you think they prevent you from accessing a forbidden site?
              They filter all outbound requests and block forbidden ones... this is done by routing all internet requests through a proxy server that has filtering enabled.

Or is there a big man standing next to you and smacking you upside your head when you try and go to a forbidden site?

A proxy server can be anything from a network appliance like a Cisco CSS/CCS device or a server running internet traffic filtering software like ISA server or Websense.
              There is no way to bypass it short of routing around it. That would require access to VLAN segments that I'm sure you would not be able to access from a classroom.
              Regardless, these are all called proxy servers or devices.
              -Rick

Comment

Websense... *shuddders* Man I spent many days at my tech support job at comcast trying to get aroudn that invisible proxy.

I found a web-based proxy server that was not filtered thru the websense.

Kelly- do a websearch on web-based proxy sites,.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  Or is there a big man standing next to you and smacking you upside your head when you try and go to a forbidden site?

fucking good one! I'll bet we are related.
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

We have a websense server/filter here too.. ya can't get around it from the inside. I hate that thing.
                    -Rick

Comment

Working...
                    X