Need advice on webpage building software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on webpage building software

I'm looking for a software that can easily build/edit/publish a decent, professional looking webpage. I would like to find a "bundle" that will enable me to make my own animated buttons. Any of you web guru's out there know of the best software to get.....Thanks.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

I use FrontPage 2003 for my site....but I'm no guru so thats why I use it Dreamweaver is supposed to be good too
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I use CoffeeCup HTML editor. It's got some automated page creation stuff, but nothing spectacular.

Maybe that's why my websites always look like crap? :ROTF:
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Dreamweaver here (not that I know what I'm doing). Pretty much basic industry standard tho...

Comment

Notepad.

Comment

For an Editor go with Dreamweaver for sure. I use it for making complex tables and forms. It will do animated buttons and has some flash buttons preloaded in it. Pricey, but worth every penny.

Otherwise notepad works great too.
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Dreamweaver without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170 View Post
                Dreamweaver without a doubt.
                +1

Comment

Another on the bandwagon for Dreamweaver. The best Jerry, the best !!
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

A tool is not going to help you make a great site. A fool with a tool is still a fool. If you have any design talent, you can create a great site regardless of the tool you use.

I don't know what kind of site you're aiming to make, but making a site in HTML, or a page at a time is usually not the best way to go. If your site is going to be anything more than a 1 or 2 page "look at me" site, look into a content management system such as Postnuke.

That being said, when I need to do some tweaking outside of a CMS I rely on FrontPage and Photoshop.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja View Post
                      Notepad.

Comment

I'm using FrontPage 2000 or 2003, can't remember and can't check at work. It's nothing fancy, but after trying to learn HTML and forgetting everything, FrontPage is perfectly fine for a simpleton like me!
                        sigpic

Comment

I use Dreamweaver, which is pretty much the industry standard.

There are probably packages out there that have less features and more wizards to guide you through all of the tasks.

Like all Macromedia products, it is incredibly full featured, with just enough quirky bugs hidden in there to drive you nuts.

Still, when you buy the most popular software, there is always a huge user base out there willing to help you out if you ever get in a jam.

- E.
                          Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Dreamweaver is terrible software. Unfortunately there aren't many alternatives to compete. I prefer it to notepad just because it color-codes my tags for me so I don't get lost.

Asside from that it's bloated, slow, and crashy.

-a

Comment

Dreamweaver /fireworks is a great package if you need automated code generation and want to creat cool buttons etc.
                              there is a learning curve to both though.
                              Coffecup HTML editor is much easier but a lot less feature packed.
                              frontpage is easier for a Novice.
                              Last edited by kmanick; 12-07-2006, 10:10 AM.
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                              X