Iron Maiden Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post

I'm curious about how old those kids are and how long they've been playing. Anybody got any info?

A rough translation of the paragraph:

We had the luxury to even do this Maiden song with the limitations of the voice change in English and the 15 watts of the Squier but we like these songs like Sepultura so we put everything we have into that sound. It looked like our 4 year old niece Carla gets into these songs.

A bit more info from the Paranoid paragraph:
    We are the Jorge brothers - this is a cover of Black Sabbath because we like Ozzy a lot. I hope you like us.

The guitarist is named Emilio and is about 14 years old. Here they are doing a mean Cradle of Filth impression!
    Los gauchos de aceroEste video podría haberse bajado ,sin embargo queda reflejado lo que era la banda en Octubre de 2005 ,recién comenzaban a tocar y los chi...

They may live in the northern city of Salta, Argentina.
    Last edited by RacerX; 12-07-2006, 02:15 AM.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I really like her air guitar!!!:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Emilio's email: [email protected]

Bassplayer is Martin, 10 years old, his email is [email protected]

Drummer is Agustin, 11 years old.

Apparently the instruments (except the guitar) are borrowed, and the boys have expressed interest in getting help purchasing their own bass, amp, and drums.

The band may be called "Buenos Aires AM"

Lest you think they only do metal, check out this killer blues jam:

http://gauchosalta.blogspot.com/Gauchos de Acero o Steel GauchosTranslation: "Practice and gratitude" (Emilio) "We are Jorge brothers. We are giving an advan...

Check out Emilio's killer chops, including some mad sweeping in the last minute!
        Last edited by RacerX; 12-07-2006, 02:31 AM.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ya know, I really like seeing stuff like this. These young kids playing to win with a lot of heart and having fun doing it.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

One thing that further proves how amazing this is......

They are playing through total crap gear. The guitar looks like a cheapo Strat copy with a single coil bridge pickup. But the thing is that aside from the vocals, the overall track REALLY sounds good considering what it is.

Just points out that talented people can sound good through anything.....and it really makes all of the gear obsessing that we do seem totally pointless. These kids are just playing what they have and ripping it up.

Kudos to them!

I think searching for the perfect tone and G.A.S. can be detrimental to one's playing potential. I sure wish I could go back and apply all the hours I've wasted in gear searching towards my playing.
            Last edited by Chad; 12-09-2006, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I totally agree with Chad. These kids are so talented they don't need all the gear "bling" to sound good. Fuck it...I'm done. Look for all my gear on ebay over the next few days. I think I'm gonna take up crocheting. Anybody need a cool afghan?
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Those guys are excellent!I mean they don't play sloppy and they sound definitely decent.And you can actually understand what song they're playing.Let's send money to those guys.10 dollars per/user.And they can buy some gear

BTW,the little guy looks like a pikachu fan.He might get a signature model like Dan Spitz's,with cartoon characters on it
                Last edited by Norton; 12-09-2006, 06:34 AM.
                I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Guitarist totally looks like JCFer NextInLine!

In both ways.Lookswise.And plays better than me :ROTF:
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Little kids playing Iron Maiden

Comment

Someone beat ya too it

Comment

Esto es un ensayo de guitarra que hice el año pasado 2005. Tenía 13 años.

here's the kid soloisng on his own

Comment

Originally posted by Eric_kv2 View Post
                          Holy crap

Comment

Working...
                          X