state of the market....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state of the market....

As many of you know, I picked up a great soloist (2004 sl2h, burnt cherry burst) and am in the market to sell it because of impending bills. Im starting at a tech school in February, so I would like to ease the bills by selling it.

Put it on Ebay, nice pictures, good description.... and blammo. 63 viewers and with ten minutes left the bid was at 800$ I called my friend in a panic and told him to put a bid for me so I dont completely lose my shirt.

Well, luckilly he put the bid in for me, otherwise I was OUT 500$ canadian funds from what my total bill was. I know many of you would frown upon such a practice, but for a guitar I have had a month to take a 500$ loss on is just not going to happen.

Anyhow, right before Xmas isnt a good time, but when is?!?!? Should a fellow hold on for a few months and wait till the new year? Im pretty shocked to be quite honest. I had a ton of questions and people asking me stuff, but compared to other Jacksons on Ebay, I was going to take a total bath.

Not sure if it was because im in Canada either. Either way, any idea of the Jackson USA market is in rough waters, or possibly my location and other factors could have been at play.

Just curious if anyone has any input for a bewildered canuck....

It does seem a little slow right now for guitars that are not limited or highly desireable in nature. I have seen that late winter to late spring is a good time to sell. Summer and before Christmas seems a better time to buy. There has to be a market for the guitar itself too. I have been watching Jacksons and PRS guitars for the last year or so and neither are selling right now. Unless like i stated its a highly sought out and or rare guitar. Just what I have seen. If you need to dump it, I always sell 100 bucks or so below actual value and throw in ground shipping that usually does the trick for me. Take really good pictures and use "featured item" when listing if you use ebay for more exposure
    Good Luck....bet this thread gets moved

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.. I wasnt sure what forum to put this in, E-fraid?!? Feel free to move mods....

I didnt opt to ship oversea's due to worry and concern of it making it there safely. Im not panicking as it's not imperative that I sell it, but I would prefer to get it out the door in order to help with my bills.

DO you think the obscure pickups had something to do with it?!?

Comment

I would think that all you would have needed to do was pull the auction and state "the item is no longer for sale".

Yes, it does seem the guitar market on eBay has been slow the past month or so.

Comment

Working...
        X