Yankees re-sign Pettite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees re-sign Pettite

I'm pretty happy that Pettite is on his way back to the Yankees. I haven't always been fond of him and he seems to disappear in some big games, but he has won other big games so I guess he's just human.

Nice addition for Cashman, and if this helps push the buttons for Clemens to come back, even for a 1/2 season I absolutely love it!

In the end, the Astros decided not to add $2 million to the contract and thus lost Andy Pettitte to the Yankees.

He belongs in pinstripes.
    Never was a Cy Young forerunner but always seem to get that win after a loss. A good, solid staff pitcher with four rings to show.
    Glad to have them. As for the mercenary.... he can stay in Houston.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

whoa cool.
      now i feel better about still having that Pettite yankee poster hanging in my band room.

Comment

Yeah baby............................................!! !
        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

That's cool even though Steinbrenner has never seemed to appreciate him. Screw Clemens. Surprised Zito is still available.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
            That's cool even though Steinbrenner has never seemed to appreciate him. Screw Clemens. Surprised Zito is still available.
            Yeah Matt as a Sox fan that is something I never really got. From the opposite side of the field I think Pettite was always the toughest Yankee pitcher to face. That was a shame the way they just kind of let him walk like that. If cashman was smart he'd stay away from Zito. He's hit or miss in the AL.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

I think Steiney said some crap years ago about Pettite through the papers. He doesn't work hard enough or something. He is the teams worst enemy. I never got the hype about Zito actually. He is good but never seemed omfg! good. He seems to get shaken easily.
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1 View Post
                Yeah Matt as a Sox fan that is something I never really got. From the opposite side of the field I think Pettite was always the toughest Yankee pitcher to face. That was a shame the way they just kind of let him walk like that. If cashman was smart he'd stay away from Zito. He's hit or miss in the AL.

Agree.....Zito is a bust and so was Lilly. Thank god we passed them over.

With Petitte coming back, he's gonna get a welcome at Yankee Stadium that he'll never forget. The past won't matter after that.

Comment

Zito is a bust? i'll take him any day of the fukkin' year on my pitching staff. He's a proven ,Cy Young hurler, and he's still young. Andy pettitte won 21 games and hurled a 1-0 shutout against the braves to turn that series around. Always glad to have a guy like that on my team. He gets shelled on occaision, but he's a good stopper , especially after a playoff loss.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I want Zito still too. Have a boatload of lefties, never hurts.Baseball will be here soon, I promise. Well, that's because I live in Black Crowes brach where it's nice and warm, so it feels like baseball all the time for me.Must get off this lame computer and enjoy the day out there. See ya.

Comment

Nah, don't want Zito. The guy throws meatballs. Unless we trade him for Proctor. That would be a straight up trade cause they both blow, but in the end we'd need to lose both of them.

Having Zito and Proctor on the same team means I can look forward to 2008 or whenever their contracts expire.

Lilly's gone, thank god. I hope the Mets grab Zito,....they deserve him!

Comment

Don,
                        Where did you get the anti-Zito thinking? he guy's a great hurler. I'm surprised you think he sucks, and proctor just has to learn not to leave the ball right out over the middle of the plate, that's all. Yanks are onna be tough this year, I think they're really tired of gaging every year , another 1st round loss and we'll be the Atlanta braves of the 21 century in comparison to the braves in the 90's. I can't deal with that action.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                          Don,
                          Where did you get the anti-Zito thinking? he guy's a great hurler. I'm surprised you think he sucks, and proctor just has to learn not to leave the ball right out over the middle of the plate, that's all. Yanks are onna be tough this year, I think they're really tired of gaging every year , another 1st round loss and we'll be the Atlanta braves of the 21 century in comparison to the braves in the 90's. I can't deal with that action.
                          Nah, Tommy. No matter how many times we choke in the playoffs, we can never be compared to the Braves, cause we have the rings to back it up.

As for Zito, just one of them bad feelings. He kind of reminds me of when Kenny Rogers came to the Yanks. Though Kenny did well this year, when he was with us (and the Mets), he was horrible. I just think if Zito came to the Yanks, he would acquire Jeff Weaver Syndrome. Petitte was a nice left handed pickup and if Randy would ever come around, we'd be set in that department.

Now, as for Proctor...............don't get me started Tommy. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Did you guys see this today?

Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.

If Cashman can unload Pavano he's already GM of the year! lol...

On another note, looks like the Red Sox are resigned to not signing Matsuzaka....could still happen but not looking too good. I wonder if that situation is why the Mets haven't pushed with Zito yet, since they were the 2nd highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                              Did you guys see this today?

Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.

If Cashman can unload Pavano he's already GM of the year! lol...

On another note, looks like the Red Sox are resigned to not signing Matsuzaka....could still happen but not looking too good. I wonder if that situation is why the Mets haven't pushed with Zito yet, since they were the 2nd highest bidder.
                              Could be. We should just write Pavano off. Make him a batboy or something. If we can pick up that Japanese left hander, that could also be the answer to building our lefthanded stock up. I just got a bad feeling about Zito. He pitches in the American league West and his record is not all that hot. Imagine pitching most of the time in the American League East .

Comment

Working...
                              X