No announcement yet.

Yankees re-sign Pettite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zito is a good pitcher...he's just not a good pitcher at $75 million for five years. The money is what is keeping him from being signed already (obviously). He's basically going to have the Mets and Texas interested at the amount of money that he's asking for.

I would love to see him on the Yankees, even though you have some of those concerns about playing in the American League East, but not at #1 starter dollars. It'll be nice to see Igawa signed fast and get that shored up. For the years that Pettite was gone, we lacked that strong lefty pitcher in the rotation. Now we might have three which would be great. We just need to find ONE though to stop Ortiz....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
      Zito is a good pitcher...he's just not a good pitcher at $75 million for five years. The money is what is keeping him from being signed already (obviously). He's basically going to have the Mets and Texas interested at the amount of money that he's asking for.

I would love to see him on the Yankees, even though you have some of those concerns about playing in the American League East, but not at #1 starter dollars. It'll be nice to see Igawa signed fast and get that shored up. For the years that Pettite was gone, we lacked that strong lefty pitcher in the rotation. Now we might have three which would be great. We just need to find ONE though to stop Ortiz....lol.
      Those no stopping Ortiz, unless he falls into one of those ARod confidence deficiancy spells. Losing Manny would hurt (them). I don't remember our record against Zito, but if memory serves me right, we usually send him to the showers early.
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Pavano
        I hope Zito stays away, his effectiveness has declined over the past couple years. I've never heard of the Japanese guy the Yanks are talking to. His number are good though.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Manny isn't going anywhere. Also if the Sox don't sign Matsuzaka his shot at the MLB is over this year. It is a one chance shot. If the deal isn't struct he goes back to the swallows. Or was it spits? lol
          We must!
          We must!
          We must increase the bust!
          The bigger the better!
          The tighter the sweater!
          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

That's what he gets for working with greedy McBoreass. I'd bet with most any other agent he would have been signed two weeks ago. Manny chatter has died down looks like Manny will be sticking around.
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Originally posted by donf View Post
              Those no stopping Ortiz, unless he falls into one of those ARod confidence deficiancy spells. Losing Manny would hurt (them). I don't remember our record against Zito, but if memory serves me right, we usually send him to the showers early.
              I always tell my friends that Ortiz sold his soul to the devil, which is why everytime he needs to get hit in a big moment he does. :ROTF: I think I read something last year that Steinbrenner still gives Cashman s*** for not grabbing him from the Twins...lol.

Comment

Yeah supposedly Matsuzaka wants a contract, period. Sox offered somewhere between 7 and 8 million a season. That is twice what he will get from the Swallows. The devil wants about double that offer a year. If this deal is getting done I think Matsuzaka has to step in and tell Boras to lighten up some.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1 View Post
                  Manny isn't going anywhere.
                  Don't be too sure. The 76's are willing to trade Iverson for anybody.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

I can't believe how many people think Zito is nothing special. comparing him to Weaver is like beef borgonioun(sp?) and beef jerky. Plus, Yankee stadium is a lefty hitters ballpark, not a righty, making Zito even more effective, with moose, Wango Tango, and philip Hughes for a midseason callup, i lthink we're in fairly good shape. If Pavano goes, I will spank in front of the whole of Huntington Beach right on main street by the pier if that happens.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

You got him!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

Comment

Working...
                      X