Is it just me??...or....(Zakk Wylde)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big D View Post
    Oh yippee, yet another Zakk bashing thread.
    Yay!!

Comment

I feel the same way about all those threads with "Is it just me?"
      in the title.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        I feel the same way about all those threads with "Is it just me?"
        in the title.

This from a guy that uses a recipe for pasta sauce as his signature.
        Or is that a spell from a Harry Potter book??
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

He's showing off his pearly-whites. They must have cost a fortune.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

as long as I dont have to look or smell him I dont care what he looks like...the man can play and kept real guitar playing it alive when it neede dit
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm not bashing Zakk here. I certainly look up to the dude as a more 'recent' influence to my playing. I've also had the opportunity to hang out with him on several occasions, and a couple rounds of beers.
              He's very cool, and down to earth...no "rock star" stigma at all.

Matter of fact, I used to see his old band (just prior to joining Ozzy) Zyris quite a bit. They were a staple cover band in NJ in the early-mid 80's

Comment

Zakk Wylde is killer...
                And I don`t care if he has the same pose for over 20years...
                I don`t give fuck...
                His guitar work is just amazing...
                And he is also good to his fans...(Remeber the fake Gibson Zakk Wylde`s
                in Japan for 8grand?...and how he gave all the kids their money back
                and also a ORIGINAL Gibson Zakk Wylde Signature...)..
                So probs to him
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Zakk kicks ass..but not so much lately..1919 Eternal was his best solo IMO..

But it seems like he's putting too much stuff out there way too fast and all his releases since 1919 are about 50% filler and his voice is getting a bit annoying..and shot...Shot to hell..

I can't take anything away from his playing abilities, that's for certain..I don't think anyone her has the juice to do so either. Go ahead "cut heads" with the dude, and he'll hand you your ass in a doggie bag..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wylde.... Such a newb.... hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                      And he is also good to his fans...(Remeber the fake Gibson Zakk Wylde`s
                      in Japan for 8grand?...and how he gave all the kids their money back
                      and also a ORIGINAL Gibson Zakk Wylde Signature...)..
                      So probs to him
                      Really? I don't remember that. He should give everybody their money back for getting in on the 357 Customs deal/scam then, too.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't want this to turn into a "bashing" thread. I was commenting on his choice of photo poses. I'm just afraid that he had every kids worst nightmare come true. Remember when your mom would say "stop making that face or someones going to smack you on the back and make it stick that way"? I think Zakk got smacked on the back.
                        The Buzzard does not fear
                        The man in riot gear
                        Harvest a skull of stone
                        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by Flametop View Post
                          Yeah, I didn't want this to turn into a "bashing" thread. I was commenting on his choice of photo poses. I'm just afraid that he had every kids worst nightmare come true. Remember when your mom would say "stop making that face or someones going to smack you on the back and make it stick that way"? I think Zakk got smacked on the back.

I do find his pose pretty funy..yeah, like he's got sunburn and was slapped on the back..

But it seems to work for the guy..people are buying his sig guitars , speakers, strings, stomps and ect..like hot cakes..

I like his Viking beard..I got one goin' myself..lots of food gets stuck in it..so you always have something to eat during the day!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No No, that is his i just took it in the butt again from Ozzy so i can get back on ozzfest next year! By the look on Zakk's face, ozzy is packing!

I find it funny Mr tuff guy zakk, possing for musicians friend in a santa outfit, maybe that is his sell out face!

I dug zakk for a bit, but i do not find anything special about the music he writes, about the only album i liked was No rest for the wicked, which was still pretty primative. No more tears was probaly my favorite song he ever wrote/co-wrote, hell i dont even know if he wrote it, didnt ozzy have alot of people writting music for him?

I will give it to zakk, he can play any song you ask him too by whoever, something i wish i could do better.

Overall i guess i shouldnt bash him to much, he went alot further then i ever did in the music industry, and he is a good guitarist. I just do not see anything special about his playing compared to so many other guitarists out there, and i think the only reason he gets so much hype is because of ozzy
                            Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            "War Face"?

Is that what he calls it?

Comment

NEWS FLASH..............

Oh stupid me, i was just informed by more sources that it was actually sharon with a strap on, i forgot who ran the show there for a minute!

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                              No No, that is his i just took it in the butt again from Ozzy so i can get back on ozzfest next year! By the look on Zakk's face, ozzy is packing!

I find it funny Mr tuff guy zakk, possing for musicians friend in a santa outfit, maybe that is his sell out face!

I dug zakk for a bit, but i do not find anything special about the music he writes, about the only album i liked was No rest for the wicked, which was still pretty primative. No more tears was probaly my favorite song he ever wrote/co-wrote, hell i dont even know if he wrote it, didnt ozzy have alot of people writting music for him?

I will give it to zakk, he can play any song you ask him too by whoever, something i wish i could do better.

Overall i guess i shouldnt bash him to much, he went alot further then i ever did in the music industry, and he is a good guitarist. I just do not see anything special about his playing compared to so many other guitarists out there, and i think the only reason he gets so much hype is because of ozzy

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                                NEWS FLASH..............

Oh stupid me, i was just informed by more sources that it was actually sharon with a strap on, i forgot who ran the show there for a minute!
                                :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X