Verizon Can't Do Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon Can't Do Math

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

LOL That's hysterical! :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My God what idiots rome this earth!

so .002 cents
      times 35983
      = 71.86 dollars
      I dont understand why these idots can not see what he is trying to say
      that was kind of frustrating to go through
      fuggin idiots!!!

Comment

I love how they keep insisting on the lower figure. "I'm not a mathematician..."

Comment

Scary... I would have just paid the bill just to avoid that shit... or maybe that's the problem.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James View Post
            Scary... I would have just paid the bill just to avoid that shit... or maybe that's the problem.
            Why pay the bill when it's supposed to be 71.96 cents and not dollars? Hell of a difference.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, I listened through all of that and I wanted to beat someone up. How could he deal with that? I wonder if he ever got through. Maybe he should of went through a "easy" problem. I really want to know the outcome of this.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Why pay the bill when it's supposed to be 71.96 cents and not dollars? Hell of a difference.
                you sayin there's a difference between .002 cents and .002 dollars?

That's what I meant when I said "or maybe that's the problem". People just pay the bill to avoid talking to dolts like them.
                Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Wow.

I'm guessing it simply boils down to the rate spec sheet listing "$.002" and the reps verbalizing that (incorrectly) as .002 cents.

If the rate is in fact .002 cents, then I would have just asked the rep to grab a calculator and convert to dollars for simplicity. That would be $.00002. Then just multiply that by the usage.

We weren't hearing the entire phone call, but it seemed that guy wasn't really saying what he wanted. He should have said "if the rate is indeed .002 cents, then my bill should be 71 cents....that's all I owe...and that's all I'm paying......we have nothing else to discuss.....would you please credit my account?"

Comment

Actually, the guy didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground:
                    The wording and presentation is a little confusing. I look at it like this when I see it: .002 is the equivalent of 2/10ths of a penny when we are talking money. Just like .02 is 2/10ths of a dime and .20 is 2/10ths of a dollar.

By that math, it takes 5 KB to make a penny. it takes 500 KB to make a dollar....therefore taking 10,000 KB to make $20.00.

Therefore, 35,893 KB does equal $71.86 at .002 or 2/10ths of a penny.

Everyone wants to keep moving the decimal point around. There is no need to move it as there is no fraction or whole number being converted.

I know, you are saying I am a moron, but, lets put it this way:

.02 is 2/10ths of a dime. You mulitply .02 by 5 and you get .10.

.002 it 2/10ths of a penny. You multiply .002 by 5 and you get .01. Calculators don't lie.

If you assume .002 should be converted to .00002 and you multuply by 5, you get .0001

The decimal, is in fact, being moved the wrong way. Instead of changing .002 to .00002, it should in fact be made to 00.2. The reason being is that the penny has become the whole number in which we must relate to and .2 is 2/10ths of the whole penny.

Class dismissed.-Lou
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                      Actually, the guy didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground:
                      The wording and presentation is a little confusing. I look at it like this when I see it: .002 is the equivalent of 2/10ths of a penny when we are talking money. Just like .02 is 2/10ths of a dime and .20 is 2/10ths of a dollar.

By that math, it takes 5 KB to make a penny. it takes 500 KB to make a dollar....therefore taking 10,000 KB to make $20.00.

Therefore, 35,893 KB does equal $71.86 at .002 or 2/10ths of a penny.

Everyone wants to keep moving the decimal point around. There is no need to move it as there is no fraction or whole number being converted.

I know, you are saying I am a moron, but, lets put it this way:

.02 is 2/10ths of a dime. You mulitply .02 by 5 and you get .10.

.002 it 2/10ths of a penny. You multiply .002 by 5 and you get .01. Calculators don't lie.

If you assume .002 should be converted to .00002 and you multuply by 5, you get .0001

The decimal, is in fact, being moved the wrong way. Instead of changing .002 to .00002, it should in fact be made to 00.2. The reason being is that the penny has become the whole number in which we must relate to and .2 is 2/10ths of the whole penny.

Class dismissed.-Lou

Way off Lou.....the Verizon agent specifically stated .002 cents! How can you say .002 it 2/10ths of a penny.... .002 of what is 2/10's of a penny...You work for Verizon don't you :ROTF:

Bottom line is

.002 cents x 35893 = 71.78 CENTS
                      .002 dollars x 35893 = 71.78 Dollars
                      .002 apples x 35983 = 71.78 apples
                      .002 beers x 35983 = 71.78 beers

any of this grabbin ya?
                      Last edited by quakana; 12-11-2006, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Screw all of this, I'm going back to my cake!!

Comment

Nope...... .002 of $1.00 is the same as .002 cents. Check your math.

I know, you are still in disbelief and think I am off my rocker......here goes some more.

$1.00 times .002= .002

So, how is .002 cents the same?

We agree .015 is one and a half cents. If you feel the need to move the decimal point, it would look like this : 1.5 . As in one and a half pennies.

We agree that .005 is half of a penny. If you need to move the decimal, it would look like this .5 or half a penny.

It takes two of those half pennies to make a whole penny ( .01 )

So therefore it takes five .002 amounts to equal .01.

Remember, the penny is the whole number now. and because it is the whole number, the penny gets moved to the other side of the decimal point and would look like this: 1.0

The "1" is in the whole number position representing 1 whole penny.

Since we are talking about .002, we move the decimal point two places to the right to make the penny the whole number, but, wait!! There is no penny. Thats okay...don't panic. We still move it to the right two places making the .2. This is now 2/10ths of a penny.

Remember, the PENNY is the WHOLE NUMBER that the smaller amounts are trying to grow into.

So, in short, the person that called in was so dumb with math, they infected the reps with stupidity and was still rewarded for it. -Lou
                          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

This is worse than the tape

Dude.....the rate was .002 CCCEEENNNTTTTSS per kilobyte not .002 dollars
                            per kilobyte
                            .002 cents x 35983 kilobytes is 71.96 cents

Comment

You are looking at it all wrong. Dude, if me showing you basic math doesn't prove it, then I can't help you.

Its 2/10ths of a cents per KB. That means 5KB equals a whole penny (.002 x 5 = .01 ). Do you agree? I would certainly hope so. Calcultors do no lie. Look at it like this, the .002 monster just ate 5 KB of food....it has then grown up and became a whole penny ( .01 ).

Therefore, then it would makes sense that .002 times 50 equals 10 cents ( .002 x 50 =.10 ) . Use your calculator

Therefore 500 KB must equal $1.00. -Lou

Comment

Working...
                              X