Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verizon responded...

Dear Mr. Vaccaro,
    The Executive Relations Team responds to consumer issues that are brought to our executives' attention. I am in receipt of your email via PlanetFeedback.com regarding your data charges while roaming in Canada . Thank you for letting us know that we inadvertently incorrectly quoted a rate to you. We have issued a credit to your account of $71.79. In order to prevent any future inaccuracies, we are supplementing the reference material used by our representatives to better highlight that the Canadian roaming rate is .002 dollars-per-kilobyte, which is equal to .2 cents per kilobyte. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
    Sincerely,
    Ana Diaz
    Verizon Wireless

West Area Supervisor, Executive Relations
    Last edited by SeventhSon; 12-12-2006, 02:06 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

No offense, Lou, but you are WORSE than the Verizon reps were.

Comment

Lou can afford to go to the well many times for being a dumb ass because he schooled the entire board with that jet plane on the treadmill puzzle!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon View Post
          Lou can afford to go to the well many times for being a dumb ass because he schooled the entire board with that jet plane on the treadmill puzzle!
          That made it to JCF too?

Heh... I've seen it on several other boards ... It's a classic for bringing out the most butt-hurt ignorance

-a

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
            My God what idiots rome this earth!

:ROTF:
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Anytime someone wants to wager their membership here on this I am all for it. Just like the last time, I was right. Have a good day.

Let's try it again for you dumbasses. .002 of $1.00 is the EXACT some as .002 cents. It is a mathematical injuction that can not be ignored.

In order for you guys to come up with your figures, you are assuming that .002 is OF a cent. That was not the question and that was never an anser. It is .002 cents. .002 OF A CENT would look like this: $.0002-Lou
              Last edited by LouSiffer; 12-12-2006, 08:59 AM.
              " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

If it is said "0.002 dollars" then it means 002 cents

If it is said "0.002 cents" then it means 0002 cents

notice the 0. <---- before the number

If the price is "1.50 dollars" then you pay one dollar and 50 cents

If the price is "0.50 dollars" then you pay 50 cents

If the price is "50 cents" then you pay 50 cents

If the price is "0.50 cents" then you pay 05 cents

or with the "."s like in US

If the price is "1.50 dollars" then you pay one dollar and .50 cents

If the price is "0.50 dollars" then you pay .50 cents

If the price is ".50 cents" then you pay .50 cents

If the price is "0.50 cents" then you pay .05 cents
                Last edited by Endrik; 12-12-2006, 09:52 AM.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Umm...Lou, you am rawng.

1 dollar is 1.00 dollars
                  1 cent is 0.01 dollars

.002 dollars is therefore .002 * 1.0 or .002 dollars.
                  .002 cents is therefore .002 * 0.01 or 0.00002 dollars.

When someone says you owe a cent, they are saying you owe .01 dollars. When someone says you owe 500 cents they are saying you owe 5 dollars. When someone says you owe .002 cents, they are saying you owe .00002 dollars.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Look at it this way, if I said your phone plan charged you .5 cents a minute for all phone calls, what would you expect a 10 minute conversation to cost? Me, I'd expect to pay a nickel.

Now change .5 to .002 and minute to kilobyte.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                      Anytime someone wants to wager their membership here on this I am all for it. Just like the last time, I was right. Have a good day.
                      I'll wager on the math no problem.

Let's try it again for you dumbasses. .002 of $1.00 is the EXACT some as .002 cents. It is a mathematical injuction that can not be ignored.
                      If you're going to call everyone else a dumbass then you should at least get the WRITE SOME in THEIR.

In order for you guys to come up with your figures, you are assuming that .002 is OF a cent. That was not the question and that was never an anser. It is .002 cents. .002 OF A CENT would look like this: $.0002-Lou
                      Ok, now you are a dumbass. I'm going to go double Ron on your ass and point out that your ANSER is incorrect. .002 OF A CENT would look like this: $.00002 (.002 * .01 = .00002)

- Newc

Comment

.5 cents x 10 = .50 cents

0.5 cents x 10 = .5 cents

0.002 dollars = .002 cents

.002 cents = .002 cents

0.002 cents = .0002 cents after Tim's correction .00002 cents

a cent is a cent but if there is a 0. before it, then you take a particular amount out of the "SUM"=1"

.50 cents is .50 cents but incase of 0.50 cents you take 50 out of the SUM wich is 1. Take 50% away from 1 and you have 0.5, so it's 0.5 cents wich is .05 cents

the real question is what did he mean with the points? just as points "." ala .35 or a fraction like 0.35 ????
                        Last edited by Endrik; 12-12-2006, 10:18 AM. Reason: blah
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

There is a good simple book on dimensional analysis by LeCorbeiller that would help cure you of assigning the "cents" unit to a figure expressed in "dollars" or vise versa.

0.002 * 1 dollar = 0.002 dollars <--- result expressed in dollars.

0.002 * 3 Jacksons != 0.006 ESPs

to convert dollars to cents you divide by 100 right? that is:
                          1/100 dollar = 0.01 dollars = 1 cent ==> 0.01 dollars / 1 cent = 1

so, from your earlier example...

0.002 * 1 dollar = 0.002 dollars = 0.002 * 1 / 0.01 = 0.2 cents

Comment

Google says it all.

Comment

Holy crap, this really isn't complicated. Lou made a distinction between .002 cents vs. .002 "of a" cent. They are equivalent. The .002 is a multiplier. The thing you are multiplying is a cent. To convert cents to dollars you divide by 100 or multiply by .01 depending on your preference.

200 of a cent = 200 cents = 2 dollars
                              20 of a cent = 20 cents = .2 dollars
                              2 of a cent = 2 cents = .02 dollars
                              .2 of a cent = .2 cents = .002 dollars
                              .02 of a cent = .02 cents = .0002 dollars
                              .002 of a cent = .002 cents = .00002 dollars

- Newc

Comment

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS! TWO DOLLARS!!
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X