GEICO commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEICO commercials

They are everywhere. Has anyone changed to them or are they just spending a lot of money and getiing me irritated.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Originally posted by fett View Post
    They are everywhere. Has anyone changed to them or are they just spending a lot of money and getiing me irritated.
    I switched to Geico and my insurance was initially $100 cheaper than my old insurance company and every 6 months it dropped down another $50-$75 (for a 6 month pay period).

Comment

Did I fail to mention I work for GEICO? I think the market for 'tar heads is being untapped.

Comment

Which ad is bugging you, fett? Describe it.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Each and every one of them. But, I do like the "Caveman" a little bit.:ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Interesting article here: "Why all the Geico ads?" http://www.slate.com/id/2123285/

Comment

The Caveman ones are brilliant! :ROTF:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

So, I guess I'm supposed to be offended that a pea-brain will do but I won't. I'm calling them right now!!!!! Oh yeah, I don't have a phone.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                  So, I guess I'm supposed to be offended that a pea-brain will do but I won't.
                  ? The best part of these ads is that the Cavemen are actually quite sophisticated & urbane. Check this funny, fact-filled blog all about the Cavemen:

It's long, but interesting

like my farts

Comment

Now, I'm not as smart as a caveman!!!!! Damn, maybe I will e-mail them and think about getting insurance.

Comment

I laugh at the caveman ads everytime...easy mark I guess...

Comment

I thought I switched to Geico, but they just f'ed me out of $75.
                        They quoted me a rate lower than state farm, so I dropped state farm and switched. Three weeks later, Geico upped the rate ~30%. I asked why, since I had a previous quote. They said in 2002 I had an accident that I didn't disclose. Their questionaire didn't go back that far (from what I remember), and anyway, can't they do their own checkup on me before they quote if I am soliciting a quote from them?

They refunded me all but $75 for some reason. I was too busy to call them on it unfortunately at the time, but went back to State Farm.

I wish insurance companies would spend less of their clients advertising and more lowering rates. Same goes for drug companies. No wonder rates/prescriptions/insurance are so high.
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                          I thought I switched to Geico, but they just f'ed me out of $75.
                          They quoted me a rate lower than state farm, so I dropped state farm and switched. Three weeks later, Geico upped the rate ~30%. I asked why, since I had a previous quote. They said in 2002 I had an accident that I didn't disclose. Their questionaire didn't go back that far (from what I remember), and anyway, can't they do their own checkup on me before they quote if I am soliciting a quote from them?

They refunded me all but $75 for some reason. I was too busy to call them on it unfortunately at the time, but went back to State Farm.

I wish insurance companies would spend less of their clients advertising and more lowering rates. Same goes for drug companies. No wonder rates/prescriptions/insurance are so high.
                          Nope, the reason why drugs are so high is because they spent billions of dollars trying to create the drug and they only have about 17 years I believe to return on their investment. If the patent was longer, the prices could be reduced but the gov. doesn't really care. The reason why it is cheap in Canada is because the Gov. put a ceiling on prices in Canada. It just goes back that the U.S. gov. doesn't really care.

Comment

Geico sucks. In the past year or two, they got a ton of "economic development" aid $$$ from NYS, under the guise of creating new jobs. Guess what happened shortly thereafter? Their advertising in NY shot through the roof, and has stayed there. And no new jobs. So the State basically just paid for their increased advertising for free.

BTW, I'm on the Federal "no unsolicited insurance offers" list. Guess who keeps sending me unsolicited insurance offers? Yep, Geico. About one a week in the mail. Obnoxious f**kers.

Lastly, I'll NEVER do business with an auto insurance company that has given out FREE RADAR GUNS to police departments. Seriously. Way to screw your own customers. F**k them.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                              Lastly, I'll NEVER do business with an auto insurance company that has given out FREE RADAR GUNS to police departments. Seriously. Way to screw your own customers.
                              What's wrong with that?

Makes good business sense at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X